Page 14 of 102 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast

Thread: CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

that pic is from a bitcoin mine, it's a bunch of GPUs all welded onto an old car factory shell

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck95 View Post
    I had a 96 XJ. It was a POS but good lord I love it. Could go anywhere.
    Also the back windshield fluid spray went straight back away from the car so that was always funny to do when I had friends in the car behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by 06deacon View Post
    Lol catamount does your jeep ever leave the pavement?
    Fairly regularly. I would say I use it as the good lord intended to 20+ times a year.

CT Brasky #2: Its Car Talk w/ Click and Clack

The other issue with an electric jeep is that accessories (winch, lights, fridge, etc) all run off battery - with a combustion engine you can recharge the amp draw from those accessories, but a pure EV doesnít have efficient battery regeneration (that Iím aware of). Thatís got to be solved for mass adoption in the adventure / off road community.

Fair enough. The gas worshipping protestations felt a little too poser-y, is all. Seems like a you do you situation. Id think many off roaders could probably easily do it on a single charge anyway, at least around here.

Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    I mean just because they can, should they? The whole point of a wrangler is to fucking drive it to the middle of nowhere. Maybe strap 6 gallons of gas on the back just in case.

When using the jeep like you should use a jeep you shouldn't be within 50 miles of a power outlet.
    man it's always sunny really nailed the archetype with dennis + his finisher car huh
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

be gone from me beef boy sigma juicer
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Quote Originally Posted by 06deacon View Post
    Fair enough. The gas worshipping protestations felt a little too poser-y, is all. Seems like a you do you situation. Id think many off roaders could probably easily do it on a single charge anyway, at least around here.
    Oh, catamounts a clown and you can stay on him. The off-road crowd is probably 1% of the car buying population. I would think that an electric or hybrid wrangler would sell very well.

plus, all this was a "someday I hope..." post for getting Jeeps up to a level of performance with electric

once we strap solar panels on cars, you won't have to worry so much about your range

Primary OGB Benefactor
    All you really need is a Mr. Fusion to power the flux capacitor.

Iím all for it. Rivian has an adventure build out right now and itís really sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by leftcoastdeac View Post
    The other issue with an electric jeep is that accessories (winch, lights, fridge, etc) all run off battery - with a combustion engine you can recharge the amp draw from those accessories, but a pure EV doesnít have efficient battery regeneration (that Iím aware of). Thatís got to be solved for mass adoption in the adventure / off road community.
    Actually since thereís no engine noise and no exhaust you can just keep an EV turned on to run accessories. Iíve run a TV/blu ray player off an inverter for 6-8 hours with my car turned on the whole time and lost maybe 1 mile of range.

I disagree with you
    I hate that the word Conch is pronounced ďconkĒ

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    I hate that the word Conch is pronounced ďconkĒ
    That's weird, I grinds my gears when people pronounce it "conch".

it gets me that the city of Staunton, VA is pronounced Stanton. There's a fucking U in it. Whenever we drive through there or past a sign for it I say Staun-ton just to drive my wife crazy. For a state so proud of its English heritage, Virginians sure don't know how to speak it.

My stylist retired to go full time into the scrap metal/ginseng/fur trade so now I go to the lady that cuts my wifeís hair, who is also unfortunately a close family friend and now Iím stuck getting subpar haircuts until this lady dies.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    Actually since thereís no engine noise and no exhaust you can just keep an EV turned on to run accessories. Iíve run a TV/blu ray player off an inverter for 6-8 hours with my car turned on the whole time and lost maybe 1 mile of range.
    The amp draw of a 10000lb winch is almost 100x than that of a tv, so efficient power regeneration is a real need for running offroad accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    My stylist retired to go full time into the scrap metal/ginseng/fur trade so now I go to the lady that cuts my wifeís hair, who is also unfortunately a close family friend and now Iím stuck getting subpar haircuts until this lady dies.
    go for the "play" instead

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    it gets me that the city of Staunton, VA is pronounced Stanton. There's a fucking U in it. Whenever we drive through there or past a sign for it I say Staun-ton just to drive my wife crazy. For a state so proud of its English heritage, Virginians sure don't know how to speak it.
    Or Rio Road in Charlottesville being pronounced Rye-Oh.
    Hungry