• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...it’s only Wednesday? FML

24A messed that whole section up for me. Had no idea what that word was.

24a was my last one, I had one square left and figured it’d be my guess the alphabet strategy but got it quick. I believe it was my Seinfeld knowledge responsible for getting Bobo. Hate when the puzzles are easy overall but then there’s one totally random corner that makes you feel like an idiot for not getting it at the same pace as the rest. 12m today and thus ends #crosswordtalk.

Juice how’s your morning

Ive kept my beard manageable during covid but starting to rock a mullet as I haven’t gotten a haircut in months

feels bad, man

Haircut, dentist, and eye doctor were the three to dos on my list when I was vaccinated. However over the last year I have been using a mobile barber and I’m never going back.

I've found that throwing in "Wow thats a great questions" has been received well. People like compliments.
I was explicitly told to stop doing this bc questioners know their questions are good and don't appreciate being patronized. Also, many will recognize it as a stall tactic.

I try to save for one good, tactical "great question"

I was explicitly told to stop doing this bc questioners know their questions are good and don't appreciate being patronized. Also, many will recognize it as a stall tactic.

I try to save for one good, tactical "great question"

Everyone likes to have their dick sucked. You just gotta make sure it's a good dick sucking and not a half-hearted just-for-maintenance thing.

I've flipped that a little to a humble "oh wow I wasn't prepared for that question"

It conveys the same sentiment, which is that the question is very good, and that you did prepare for questions of all kinds except that super special one

Not advice though, idk what works in interviews and what doesn't

Hahha, I would never advise using the words "I wasn't prepared..." in an interview.

But point taken...it can be done strategically and gracefully!

I usually try to perform a kind of spontaneity and extemporaneity (is that a word?) even though I've totally rehearsed what I'm going to say

i got stumped on "what would you be doing with your life if money were no concern?" and i think i said something to that effect, but can't remember the exact wording

My best advice for a job interview is to have an interesting last name that everyone fucking loves and spends the entire time talking about. Then they give you the job.

i got stumped on "what would you be doing with your life if money were no concern?" and i think i said something to that effect, but can't remember the exact wording
Haha, my immediate response to that is "the same thing I'm doing now" -- i.e. The job I'm interviewing for.

I'd talk in general about how I maintain a healthy work/life balance

Haha, my immediate response to that is "the same thing I'm doing now" -- i.e. The job I'm interviewing for.

I'd talk in general about how I maintain a healthy work/life balance

"I would be a project analyst at the fifth largest North American publishing company" is just so damn phony tho, which would have been my answer at the time

the work life balance answer is the right one

When I went in to get my blood work this morning I was like the only person under 80 at my doctor. Is that a bad sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back