• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good discussion. Lots of strong opinions. Thanks Townie.

I cut my own hair now. With help from my wife. I’m never going back.

f95eeed257cf2f465659b4793c45e677.jpg

Sorry dude. I've spent more time in Miami than you might imagine and have been all over that place.

No, I get tired of people who are full of shit and into ridiculous levels of conspicuous consumption. A little goes a long way.

But you don't have to go to 11 Madison Park or be Versace to enjoy those two places either

I know you aren't just the Myers Park caricature I have in my head, but NYC doesn't have to be go see Hamilton and stay in midtown and eat at Spotted Pig

I know we talked about Las Vegas earlier this week, but if you don't care much of Las Vegas, Nevada is a lame ass state.

To return to the original question I don't think Florida is in the bottom 10-20% of states in this country, but bottom half for sure.

I kinda feel like NC is bottom half to visit. I'd have to think about it. Living here? Fucking amazing. But as for stand out one-week experiences? Eeehhhhhh...

Like, I get that Asheville is cool, but Northern Georgia is basically the same thing without all the fucking hippies. Wilmington is likewise cool, but it's like at best 3rd (and probably more like 10th) on beach towns that I would want to visit.

The proximity and ease of living in central Carolina and having the option to visit pretty fun stuff at the drop of the hat is really amazing. But if I lived in Boulder, CO, would I fly to NC to visit anything? Probably not.

Totally agree with this take on NC (in a positive way). Great place to live, no real pull for a vacation destination.

Northern GA does not = Asheville. Beer, man.

Also unless going to Charleston or the surrounding beaches of SC, I think I'd rather go somewhere on the coast of NC.

Not sure any other state has something comparable to the Outer Banks, particularly the less developed parts.

And NC mountains are the tallest in the US east of the Mississippi River (and arguably the most scenic). Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the most visited park in the country, so I'm pretty sure a lot of people are going to the NC mountains for a vacation destination.

I’ve never really gotten the draw of Wilmington. Much rather drive the extra 90 mins and go to Charleston.

Not sure any other state has something comparable to the Outer Banks, particularly the less developed parts.

And NC mountains are the tallest in the US east of the Mississippi River (and arguably the most scenic). Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the most visited park in the country, so I'm pretty sure a lot of people are going to the NC mountains for a vacation destination.

yeah peeps love some Blue Ridge Parkway

To return to the original question I don't think Florida is in the bottom 10-20% of states in this country, but bottom half for sure.

It might be a more interesting question for one-week visits - what's bottom half? Like, I think there's probably 15ish states that are easily bottom half, but those last 10ish are going to be a little less cut and dry.

Like, Maine is a straight up no-go to live there, but it might have some really high visit potential.

I think places like AZ could dominate for a week-long visit. It's more than Biff's mom - a giant gash that everyone has been to; it's got real appeal in places like Tucson, Phoenix, and Flagstaff.

Best week+ visit states:

California
Hawaii
Alaska
Colorado
Montana
Washington
Oregon
Maine
Arizona
Utah
Florida

Most states in the South are cool for a week+ if you get a beach/lake house

BTW, I never said Miami was a terrible place, just overrated. I also love NYC.

It might be a more interesting question for one-week visits - what's bottom half? Like, I think there's probably 15ish states that are easily bottom half, but those last 10ish are going to be a little less cut and dry.

Like, Maine is a straight up no-go to live there, but it might have some really high visit potential.

I think places like AZ could dominate for a week-long visit. It's more than Biff's mom - a giant gash that everyone has been to; it's got real appeal in places like Tucson, Phoenix, and Flagstaff.

Acadia alone makes Maine worth a summer visit.

Arizona is on that list strictly for the national parks, right? Otherwise I have no desire to go to Arizona except for spring training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back