• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, same with Utah + skiing

Spot on. Hell, it might not even be a "where's the best place to spend a week" thing, but maybe, "which states have the highest capacity to host multiple one-week trips?" Really, the short answer is that we live in a fucking amazing country with a shitton of one-week tourist options.

Arizona is on that list strictly for the national parks, right? Otherwise I have no desire to go to Arizona except for spring training.

Didn't Scottsdale become a cool spot? I think it happen right when I stopped being cool, so I never looked into it.

disagree

underrated beer town

The Veil is one of the best breweries in america

Agreed, Richmond is tight. I spent a month there for work back in the day and it was very cool.

Of course I just finished working in Harrisburg and York PA for two months so my expectations weren't very high.

Last edited:
Didn't Scottsdale become a cool spot? I think it happen right when I stopped being cool, so I never looked into it.

Not sure. It’s been 6 years since I was out there for spring training but I remember being shocked at the amount of high end cars I saw in Scottsdale. Even if it is cool, I don’t think I’d ever be like “wanna take a trip to Scottsdale?”

disagree

underrated beer town

The Veil is one of the best breweries in america

Brew scene is solid. Veil is great for sure...It's just a cluster to get around in...but granted I live a few miles from Pfafftown, so maybe I don't understand real world traffic.

The roads here suck and if you go a few miles north of Richmond you may as well get ready to get attacked by homeless nerds when you step outta your car.

Food and beer scene is solid tho...Granted, I'm usually here for work, so probably not feeling the same vibe as if I was on vacation.

Do I even want to ask what the ghost of 2&2 means by placebo effect on the vaccine thread.

also richmond is just stacked, i think it's probably a stronger beer town than asheville if we're being really honest with ourselves, though i enjoy being in asheville a lot more, better vibes

the veil, vasen, triple crossing, hardywood, three notch'd, ardent, the answer, legend

went HAM on some RVA breweries after the marathon a few years back

it's interesting that i wouldn't want to visit or live in either of OH or NC's queen cities

what is a homeless nerd

A homeless person who isn't appreciative of what you give them.

Dude asked me for some money since he "just got outta prison yesterday and trying to get back on his feet"... I didn't have any cash and he said "I'll take a gift card"... I said alright man, here you go..and I gave him a Walmart gift card I've had for a few months that I'd probably never use... He said "what the hell am I supposed to do with this?".. and he scoffed and walked away.

Calling him a homeless nerd is the friendliest way I could think of describing that interaction.

also richmond is just stacked, i think it's probably a stronger beer town than asheville if we're being really honest with ourselves, though i enjoy being in asheville a lot more, better vibes

the veil, vasen, triple crossing, hardywood, three notch'd, ardent, the answer, legend

went HAM on some RVA breweries after the marathon a few years back

You aren't wrong regarding the beer. But yeah, as much as I don't like or dirty hippies, I'd still prefer Ashville for the mellow vibes.

hey TWMD is fibromyalgia real

my old roommate who is a doctor basically broke up with his long term gf after they had a big fight about it because she was pretty sure she had it and he insisted it was a fake disease

(this was 5+ years ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back