• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk about utah but the rest of that list, sure

feels like you could do a month in different regions of CA even

might be stretching it a bit in florida since it's all just kinda varieties on a theme

texas def, ny def

nc prob a stretch

Other than the obvious, I think I could I would spend a month in West Virginia (like Octoberish to Novemberish), before I spent a month in NC.

Hit the Gauley for three days in October around the 16th.
Climb the new for seven days (you'd have to sprinkle in rest days because god damn).
Hike Cranberry for a week.
Ski snowshoe for a week.

Might need to delay the snowshoe week to hit better snow...I dunno. All that shit is crazy fun and you can't really do it in any other state other than CO (maybe UT, but fuck off).

I fucking hate WV though, so I'm torn.

Bruh, Chicago fuckin' blows when you stack it up against other cities in the US.

Incorrect. Chicago is the best major city in American between the months of June-September. Then the weather kicks in and plummets its ranking.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on how you travel, but I could spend a week almost anywhere. Forget an entire state, I could happily spend a week in just about any U.S. city with no problem. I don't typically take vacations where it's go go go all the time.

I am learning that I have a very difference standard of the goodness of a place than most of you.

I mean, South Dakota has Bad Lands National Park and the Black Hill, plus the only relatively untamed stretch of the Missouri River east of the Montana mountains...You could totally put together a great trip in SD to see Bison, Elk, Bears, Moose, Ducks out the wazoo, Big horned sheep, mountain goats, go on long hikes in mind blowing landscapes, and if you're super duper lucky see a black footed ferret...All in Bad Lands NP alone. I'd never want to live there but you could have a great experience visiting.

Delaware has one of the greatest natural wonder spectacles in the known world as every May millions of horseshoe crabs crawl up the beaches to spawn at high tide and shorebirds from as far away as Tierra Del Fuego stop by for two weeks on their way to Arctic Canada to feast on horseshoe crab eggs; sitting on the beach watching the sun rise surrounded by thousands of migrating shorebirds and thousands of spawning crabs is one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed. Maybe a week long trip is a bit much for most, but a long weekend could really open your eyes.

Every March in Nebraska several million Sandhill Cranes settle into the Platte River basin near Grand Island, NE to spend two-three weeks fattening up in the fallow ag field. Imagine 3 million 4 foot tall birds passing through your neighborhood...it's a sight and a sound to behold...

Most States and places have some sort of story or amazing park or beautiful landscape like this...I can't think of anything redeeming about New Jersey though.

a month across NY is dreamy

two weeks in the city and fun spots across boroughs

up through hudson river valley area some awesome small towns through to catskills

That would be a great trip, especially in the fall if you could time it around the colors changing upstate, before the really cold weather sets in.

Is Night Moves a good song or a great song?

Woof, that's a scorching take on Chicago there Doug. Chicago is a great city, even when its 20 below. If it weren't for my wife's job we'd be living there right now.

Most States and places have some sort of story or amazing park or beautiful landscape like this...I can't think of anything redeeming about New Jersey though.

patrick stickles disliked this post

went to a wedding in audubon, NJ

lots of pretty places in NJ

MD is a pretty bottom state which is amusing because people from there seem to think it’s amazing. One terrible major city and tons of stupidly expensive bedroom communities.

Incorrect. Chicago is the best major city in American between the months of June-September. Then the weather kicks in and plummets its ranking.

I'd add a month on either end unless you're just a total softie

the weather is what keeps it affordable

every place has tradeoffs and I'm content with iffy weather for five months -- including brutal weather for two months -- in exchange for all the positives

On days like today when it’s 75° and sunny, I really miss having an awesome outdoor bar like Easy Tiger in Austin.

North Georgia is not the same thing as Asheville. North Georgia is not even generally the same thing as Western NC.

this is 100% correct. North Georgia sucks.

I am learning that I have a very difference standard of the goodness of a place than most of you.

I mean, South Dakota has Bad Lands National Park and the Black Hill, plus the only relatively untamed stretch of the Missouri River east of the Montana mountains...You could totally put together a great trip in SD to see Bison, Elk, Bears, Moose, Ducks out the wazoo, Big horned sheep, mountain goats, go on long hikes in mind blowing landscapes, and if you're super duper lucky see a black footed ferret...All in Bad Lands NP alone. I'd never want to live there but you could have a great experience visiting.

Delaware has one of the greatest natural wonder spectacles in the known world as every May millions of horseshoe crabs crawl up the beaches to spawn at high tide and shorebirds from as far away as Tierra Del Fuego stop by for two weeks on their way to Arctic Canada to feast on horseshoe crab eggs; sitting on the beach watching the sun rise surrounded by thousands of migrating shorebirds and thousands of spawning crabs is one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed. Maybe a week long trip is a bit much for most, but a long weekend could really open your eyes.

Every March in Nebraska several million Sandhill Cranes settle into the Platte River basin near Grand Island, NE to spend two-three weeks fattening up in the fallow ag field. Imagine 3 million 4 foot tall birds passing through your neighborhood...it's a sight and a sound to behold...

So your argument for Delaware not sucking is that for 4% of the year a lot of birds eat crab eggs and shit crab juice all over the state.

Life has to have become even more difficult for panhandlers in the last decade. I can't remember the last time I actually carried paper money in my wallet.

I know a couple who would harass tourists and panhandle together using an iPhone Square

Other than the obvious, I think I could I would spend a month in West Virginia (like Octoberish to Novemberish), before I spent a month in NC.

Hit the Gauley for three days in October around the 16th.
Climb the new for seven days (you'd have to sprinkle in rest days because god damn).
Hike Cranberry for a week.
Ski snowshoe for a week.

Might need to delay the snowshoe week to hit better snow...I dunno. All that shit is crazy fun and you can't really do it in any other state other than CO (maybe UT, but fuck off).

I fucking hate WV though, so I'm torn.

The Gauley fucks.

Biff definitely prefers Sea Island to St. Simons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back