Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 2022

Thread: CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

  1. #41
    I think even if a teaching position opened up at say GW I wouldn't take it because I don't think life in DC is for me
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    I think even if a teaching position opened up at say GW I wouldn't take it because I don't think life in DC is for me
    Sorry, you don't really get to choose!

    (Except duke, don't even apply)

  3. #43
    my upstairs neighbor is a prof at GW, director of africana studies

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    Sorry, you don't really get to choose!

    (Except duke, don't even apply)
    well i was talking more about ever

    not directly after grad school
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    We are trying to figure out how long we can stay in our current spot once baby #2 gets here.

    The rooms for the kids are fine but once they need anything bigger than a toddler bed there really isnít a very good configuration to achieve that due to layout.
    We are currently in a 3 bedroom ranch which we love, but are moving to a much larger three story 4 bedroom later this month, with the knowledge that we want to create kid #2 sometime in the next year. Also because our current ranch was completely flipped and modernized when we bought it two years ago, and apparently we can sell it for $80K profit after two years because there is a massive shortage of modern "mid-tier" housing here in Winston.

  6. #46
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,931
    wife almost took her graduate school position at GW but decided on Maine instead.

  7. #47
    Also dad wants a basement for "the kids" but one that can also function as a dad cave. Only downside is moving into a less walkable area, however there is access to the Muddy Creek trail a neighborhood over from us so that is dope.

  8. #48
    we stayed at the GW dorms every year for the BFTF (Wake's transatlantic summer program which brings a kid from every country in Europe to Wake and we teach them about DEMOCRACY and then bring them to Philly/DC)

    those dorms were so grody
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Man, I walked on over to the Tunnels Covid thread, and now I'm sliding back into the kinder, gentler confines of the CT a changed man.
    Can't handle the moral heat or can't handle the Ph lied and Ph cried.

  10. #50
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    9,223
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    We are trying to figure out how long we can stay in our current spot once baby #2 gets here.

    The rooms for the kids are fine but once they need anything bigger than a toddler bed there really isnít a very good configuration to achieve that due to layout.
    And that's why we're moving! Except it was kid #3 that did it to us.

    Bunk beds a cool idea, but we tried putting both of my girls in the same room for like 3 months and it was chaos. No sleep was had. And now the boy is 2.5 years old and his crib days are numbered (he has continued to climb out). We needed more room and a better yard.

  11. #51
    What kind of minivan that you pretend is a crossover you rocking ATS?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    And that's why we're moving! Except it was kid #3 that did it to us.

    Bunk beds a cool idea, but we tried putting both of my girls in the same room for like 3 months and it was chaos. No sleep was had. And now the boy is 2.5 years old and his crib days are numbered (he has continued to climb out). We needed more room and a better yard.
    My wife got a peloton for her birthday and spent a lot of time getting the room it was in set up the way she wanted. Like two weeks after she finished she found out she was pregnant so bye bye Peloton room.
    Hungry

  13. #53
    oof foggy bottom is not a good part of DC

  14. #54
    my brother and I did bunk beds for a few years

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    oof foggy bottom is not a good part of DC
    like, not fun to hang out in? agree, not many fun or interesting places. watergate whiskey bar and rooftop are fun pricey things to do. would never in 1000 years want to live in west end/foggy bottom tho.

  16. #56
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,931
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    My wife got a peloton for her birthday and spent a lot of time getting the room it was in set up the way she wanted. Like two weeks after she finished she found out she was pregnant so bye bye Peloton room.

  17. #57
    I just remember the Peleton commercial where the lady looked like she was being held captive against her will and her husband was forcing her to ride the bike.

  18. #58
    Think about how much quicker you'd climb that rope if you had a very attractive but borderline too muscular woman yelling to push yourself and climb faster.

  19. #59
    cookout = blabbermouth?
    wfudkn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    truxton circle
    Posts
    16,742
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    like, not fun to hang out in? agree, not many fun or interesting places. watergate whiskey bar and rooftop are fun pricey things to do. would never in 1000 years want to live in west end/foggy bottom tho.
    I worked in west end for 5 years and it defs wasn't a great location, at least back then (left that area at the end of 2013). It's easy to get to dupont and georgetown from there, but I never really hung out in either neighborhood so it wasn't really a draw for me.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    got some tacos last night that are making a devilish return today

    lengua, al pastor, chapulines, pulpo

    some really good flavors but i'm paying a price now
    We went to one of my favorite Colombian restaurants in Charlotte, ordered the bandeja paisa which is basically a ton of meat, rice, avocado, beans, and a fried egg. Empanadas and platanos for appetizers. Took half of it home and regret nothing. Dog thoroughly enjoyed the leftover chicharrones.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •