• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

district and TWMD are surveying their spotify accounts they share with their wives and seeing it full of Adele and Taylor Swift and Robin Thicke and Alicia Keys and Bruno Mars and Hootie and the Blowfish and are like "yes, this is the stuff"

That can't be the case, or all the commercials would just be:

200.gif

I don't know why I can't peel my eyes away from this.

With female artists easily winning and Juice with race anger locked down my outrage is being directed at the lack of transgender winners

I feel like they should have to sing against the gender that they were born, not the gender that they identify with. Too much of a competitive advantage otherwise.

I love daylight savings time and the extra hour of light in the evening, but it straight fucks my world up for the first few days.

Yes - the level to which I have to fight my body to go to sleep on time and then fight the alarm in the morning is absurd considering it’s literally just a slight shifting of the same total sleep time.

Doesn’t help that the pollen is already absurd and I’m gasping for breath. Really looking forward to this weeks rain.

Does it ever blow your mind that some historical figures aren’t actually ancient? Seems like Picaso was around in 1600 but he died in 1973.

Yes.

And even the truly "ancient" folks aren't all that far back in history. 400-500 years isn't really THAT long ago.

sXpquGZ.png

anyone who likes taylor swift has lost their right to post in the pretentious shit thread

one thing about pandemic life is that you are much less exposed to the top 40 unless you make the effort to listen to it

sXpquGZ.png

anyone who likes taylor swift has lost their right to post in the pretentious shit thread

when you r blurring the boundaries between truth and fiction

Vintage tee, brand new phone
High heels on cobblestones
When you are young, they assume you know nothing
Sequin smile, black lipstick
Sensual politics
When you are young, they assume you know nothing

the year 2204
the ice caps have melted
florida is underwater
refugees flock to asheville beach to forget the violence
at night small bands roast venison on an open flame

"gather round children and hear the tale of a teenage love triangle passed down for generations..."

"And when I felt like I was an old cardigan/
Under someone's bed/
You put me on and said I was your favorite"

"elder what is a cardigan"

"we may never know my young child ... these tales are someone's secrets written in the sky for all to see"

i believe her when she says she's telling these stories to the best of her ability with all the love, wonder, and whimsy they deserve

so far the Aaron Dessner instrumentation in this is overbearing

Since we're on the topic I've gotten into a real musical kick the last 2-3 weeks and tried to discover some new music I like, and there is none. Even the "modern" bands I like are releasing shit that sucks.

sXpquGZ.png

After all that nonsense if she didn’t name a track “Lick my love pump” she really missed out on some whimsy potential.

Since we're on the topic I've gotten into a real musical kick the last 2-3 weeks and tried to discover some new music I like, and there is none. Even the "modern" bands I like are releasing shit that sucks.

the only new release music I've heard from the last few years is from bluegrass bands, the Drive-By Truckers, and I've heard a few Foo Fighters songs on XM. not counting if I leave SNL on during the musical guest portion, but I usually just watch the sketches on YouTube so avoid those videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back