• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, I don't even dislike t swift all that much, but the veer into trying to do folk this year was weird.. folklore was just ok, at best.. the second album she released was realllly bad though, couldn't even make it through a full listen of that

i foolishly turned the heat off last week, and now it's cold af in my house

It’s hard to believe that both of her albums this year were critically acclaimed. Tjdk!

Here's another #pretentious bit of blurb from an album I actually enjoyed from last year:

Hamilton cites a crisis of meaning as being central to the origins of Plum. “I didn’t want to write for a long time; I didn’t even really want to listen. I stopped believing in ‘music as a career’ and the distorted idea of what it had become in my mind: building and projecting a personality, promoting it, selling it. Losing that sense of purpose… it made me question my own value, usefulness.” She looked methodically for ways to reframe those thoughts about overconsumption, and found inspiration in the writings of MFK Fisher, in the Danish film “Babette’s Feast” and David Byrne’s “True Stories”, and in YouTube playlists of pop songs remixed to sound like they’re being played in abandoned malls. She also found a book about wabi-sabi principles by Leonard Koren (who founded WET magazine): “So much of it is centered around allowing things to be what they are, and just noticing. I tried to notice more, and I think those observations became the songs.”

and the album https://widowspeak.bandcamp.com/album/plum

wait why was a 2019 coldplay album up for best album last night

kinda curious if there was an explanation for that or if they're cool with nominating albums that are almost a full year and a half old

The last Taylor Swift album I listened to was 1989, but I really liked that overall. Welcome to New York and Out of the Woods are bangers.

The last Taylor Swift album I listened to was 1989, but I really liked that overall. Welcome to New York and Out of the Woods are bangers.

yeah 1989 isn't bad at all, fun enough synth pop

the albums this year were just.. awful

the only new release music I've heard from the last few years is from bluegrass bands, the Drive-By Truckers, and I've heard a few Foo Fighters songs on XM. not counting if I leave SNL on during the musical guest portion, but I usually just watch the sketches on YouTube so avoid those videos.

Drive-by hasn't been good since Jason Isbell went solo.

I got all excited when I heard about Paramount plus because I assumed that there finally would be a place to stream Pete and Pete, but now I'm sad and questioning the meaning of life. I don't understand why you can't stream the greatest show of all time anywhere.

I don't understand the grammy's. How does George Strait not win every award? We all know he could've won best Rap album if he chose to.

I got all excited when I heard about Paramount plus because I assumed that there finally would be a place to stream Pete and Pete, but now I'm sad and questioning the meaning of life. I don't understand why you can't stream the greatest show of all time anywhere.

wubbalubbadubdub

Drive-by hasn't been good since Jason Isbell went solo.

strong disagree. although on RSD Black Friday the Truckers put out a live record from the Isbell era and it's awesome. I never saw that iteration live but I celebrate the band's entire catalogue. still holding onto tix to 2 shows at The Orange Peel that were supposed to happen last April. Hopefully they get rescheduled this year.

Isn't thinking you know more about "good music" than the majority of the public and music critics extremely pretentious? Asking for a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back