• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
1989 was solid, as was Ryan Adams' cover album but we don't talk about him anymore.

Also Mako I did a quick google search and there are some full Pete and Pete episodes out there on the dark web. Youtube, DailyMotion, Vimeo, etc. But I agree that it should be on a streaming service somewhere.

strong disagree. although on RSD Black Friday the Truckers put out a live record from the Isbell era and it's awesome. I never saw that iteration live but I celebrate the band's entire catalogue. still holding onto tix to 2 shows at The Orange Peel that were supposed to happen last April. Hopefully they get rescheduled this year.

Peak Drive by was 01-06, anything from Southern Rock Opera through a Blessing and a Curse. My Sweet Annette is an all time banger.

1989 was solid, as was Ryan Adams' cover album but we don't talk about him anymore.

Also Mako I did a quick google search and there are some full Pete and Pete episodes out there on the dark web. Youtube, DailyMotion, Vimeo, etc. But I agree that it should be on a streaming service somewhere.

does Paramount+ have the full Nick catalogue?

A surprising aside was that before moving to Staples Center, it was more difficult to get tix for the Grammys than the Oscars.

does Paramount+ have the full Nick catalogue?

No idea, but its CBS/Viacom which owns Nickelodeo, so you'd think so. I googled "Pete and Pete streaming" and nothing besides some weird Amazon short special and the illegal links came up.

Isn't thinking you know more about "good music" than the majority of the public and music critics extremely pretentious? Asking for a friend.

are you asking if "popular" and "best" should be considered synonymous?

do you feel that way about restaurants, vacation locales, books, and so on?

Isn't thinking you know more about "good music" than the majority of the public and music critics extremely pretentious? Asking for a friend.

According to my friend who has played with, contracted for, arranged for more people than anyone I have ever known, it's not pretentious at all. For his 60+ years in the biz, what matters is what you like. What someone you'll never meet or ever discuss anything with is irrelevant. If you think an artist or a song or a riff is good, nothing else should change your opinion. Music is for the individual to enjoy. Thus, it's your opinion that matters.

To him, what's pretentious are those who want to tell you how to feel.

are you asking if "popular" and "best" should be considered synonymous?

do you feel that way about restaurants, vacation locales, books, and so on?

If restaurant critics are out there raving about the quality and flavor of the next edition of endless pasta at Olive Garden, I am so there.

I'm not a music guru and enjoy pretty much all kinds other than hard rock/metal, including T-Swizzle, Hootie, Avett Bros, and plenty others who've been trashed on these hear OGB. But also plenty of lesser known bands like The Dirty Guv's, Pat McGee, Explosions in the Sky (FNL soundtrack FTW), etc.

Just have always found it a bit annoying when the music "connoisseurs" look down on music that is much more acclaimed & popular that their bands/tunes of choice. Though I do agree that there are a lot of really dumb Americans with really poor taste out there, which I guess is the main crux of those "connoisseurs".

Cortez Lewis was a guest on Two Bears One Cave with Tom Segura & Bert Kreischer. Played football at Wake. Had no memory of him.

You know what the best way to decide whether a restaurant in your town is good or not? GO! It won't be the first or last time you find something great or terrible. The worst that could happen is the place could suck. What if the "experts" are wrong? What if they are wannabe chefs that expect every hole-in-hole, family restaurant to deserve a Michelin star or be put out of business? What if you want some pasta or a steak or a sandwich and the location uses good stiff but isn't fancy enough for the reviewer? Or pissed off the reviewer by not recognizing him/her and their ego is bruised?

You know what the best way to decide whether a restaurant in your town is good or not? GO! It won't be the first or last time you find something great or terrible. The worst that could happen is the place could suck. What if the "experts" are wrong? What if they are wannabe chefs that expect every hole-in-hole, family restaurant to deserve a Michelin star or be put out of business? What if you want some pasta or a steak or a sandwich and the location uses good stiff but isn't fancy enough for the reviewer? Or pissed off the reviewer by not recognizing him/her and their ego is bruised?

Or you could rely on the collective reviews of hundreds or thousands of people on the Internet.

Or you could rely on the collective reviews of hundreds or thousands of people on the Internet.

Or you could trust yourself and understand sometimes you like things others don't. Or you could like discovering places that don't have hundreds or thousands of reviews.

U like wat music u like

If I use best and favorite interchangeably just know I don’t judge you for whatever your taste is, and even if I say something sucks and is harmful to the human ear you shouldn’t feel bad if you like it, you should keep on liking what you like. That’s kind of a gut feel, it doesn’t matter how much or how varied the stuff you listen to is just be u

[adorno]pop music is all fun and games until you learn it's all part of the Culture Industry[/adorno]

Or you could trust yourself and understand sometimes you like things others don't. Or you could like discovering places that don't have hundreds or thousands of reviews.

Cool. Enjoy your crappy meals.

This just a few days after using TripAdvisor to suggest Charleston restaurants for mako.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back