• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a yellow mango yesterday at the store since it was the first time I’ve seen them this year. So good.

You missed the point completely. I wasn't talking about the movies being works of art or Oscar worthy. I was talking about dealing with the assholes who charge $3500 for bottle service like people whom they didn't like were dealt with in the movies.

Oh, I got the point. I was just using it as a springboard to talk about the movie being terrible when I remembered it as awesome.

Oh, I got the point. I was just using it as a springboard to talk about the movie being terrible when I remembered it as awesome.

There's got to be a whole slew of time-sensitive material.

One thing that isn't? My fucking old transformer toys from the 80s and 90s. Them shits are fucking rad as balls and my kids love the shit out of them.

There's got to be a whole slew of time-sensitive material.

One thing that isn't? My fucking old transformer toys from the 80s and 90s. Them shits are fucking rad as balls and my kids love the shit out of them.

yeah, timeless kids stuff are great

almost all the classic kids books -- Goodnight, Moon; Chicka Chicka Boom Boom; Napping House; and so on -- hold up

I’ll tell you what doesn’t hold up:

Jack and the Beanstock.

Just read that for the first time and Jack is a felon.

pitt moved to their lowest "risk posture" last week and today at 9:35am I got an email saying I should prepare to offer in-person classes

at 9:37am I got an email with the first paragraph: "This past weekend, many students attended parties where physical distancing and masking were not occurring. We are concerned this behavior may lead to a significant outbreak of COVID-19 at Pitt as has happened at other schools."

lol

Man, my kids did not dig Labyrinth in the same way that I did.

Cant remember if I posted this before but someone gave my kids the original Curious George book from the 50s and that original story is pretty fucked up.

Cant remember if I posted this before but someone gave my kids the original Curious George book from the 50s and that original story is pretty fucked up.

Yeah, we read this the other night and the Man with the Yellow Hat is a goddamn poacher. He just straight up stole George from his family.

My wife's half sister is about as "woke" as they come and she's given us some pretty weird books over the last few years that border on indoctrination.

And then, out of the blue, she sent us the original Curious George book and I am still confused.

I mean, the dude just steals George out of the jungle and puts him in a zoo because he'll be happier there! Not to mention the fact that they just haul a freaking monkey off to prison like that's something you'd do.

With Easter coming up and all, Little Bunny Foo Foo is a fucked up nursery rhyme/song. Leave the innocent field mice alone.

We had this book growing up called Ping about a duck who gets lost and my mom tried to give that to use recently, but it's real racist. All the people are drawn in the stereotypical buck-toothed Chinese like was was in the Dr Seuss book that was pulled. And he's all whipping the ducks and everything. I remember my dad reading it to me as a kid and would do the exaggerated accent a la end of A Christmas Story.

I just had a kid turn in about 9 week's worth of late work to me this morning, and then I got an email from her mom about an hour later asking me why I haven't updated her kid's grade yet.

I just had a kid turn in about 9 week's worth of late work to me this morning, and then I got an email from her mom about an hour later asking me why I haven't updated her kid's grade yet.

I thought you knew the kid was an A student. Why even read the work?

We had this book growing up called Ping about a duck who gets lost and my mom tried to give that to use recently, but it's real racist. All the people are drawn in the stereotypical buck-toothed Chinese like was was in the Dr Seuss book that was pulled. And he's all whipping the ducks and everything. I remember my dad reading it to me as a kid and would do the exaggerated accent a la end of A Christmas Story.

I was literally going to mention "The Story About Ping" when Curious George was brought up.

Because I am a terrible person, I can kind of brush aside some of the more subtle racism of old favorites from my childhood that have nostalgic value, but that book isn't even good. It's also from 1933, so maybe best to just let it die.

Just grabbed my copy of Ping... I guess it isn't that bad. Not a great book, but also not over the top racist like I had thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back