• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i got a NYT email saying

Eight people were killed in a series of shootings at Atlanta-area massage parlors, the police said. It was not clear if the attacks were connected.

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 9:12 PM EST
A suspect in one of the shootings was in custody, the police said, and investigators were trying to determine if attacks at three locations were connected.

i'm no federal agent, but i'm going with yes they're connected.

Birds don’t like motors and paddling is good exercise. Kayak.

Idk. I’m just sad cause I don’t own a boat

Just because we talked you out of buying a beach property doesn’t make it OK to crush birdman’s dreams of boat ownership.

I just had a kid turn in about 9 week's worth of late work to me this morning, and then I got an email from her mom about an hour later asking me why I haven't updated her kid's grade yet.

Yeah I'd ignore the hell out of that email.

I always tell my students that I have just as long to grade their late work as it took for them to turn it in. And then I usually grade it later that day so I don't forget about it. But I reserve the right, you punks!

Just watched Last of The Mohicans again since it had been a while. NC really does have such an amazing mountain experience. The Promentory scene at the end is just outstanding.

My right tonsil is roughly the size of a grapefruit. No bueno, buenbros

ouch. that would make swallowing a challenge.

golf_tee_82568487-56a3d2943df78cf7727f6b59.jpg

Happy St. Patrick's Day (unless you are an Ulstermen) Top 3 songs to kick off today.
1. The Orange and the Green
2. Come out ye black and Tans
3. I'll tell me Ma

May throw out some deep cuts later today.

Also a good day to brush up on the history of the Batallón de San Patricio led by John Riley. A group of Irish immigrants who defected from US Army (due to racism and anti-papist sentiments) and fought for Mexico during the Mexican-American war. Really interesting story, would make for a good movie.

so what do we think happened to:
El Chupe
Say Hey
Robbins

a) death
a1) COVID near death and change in life priorities
b) somehow all three posters just quit
c) q anon

I started thinking about this because el chupe was a participant in the bird thread last spring, then on 6/25, without a temper tantrum or other seeming offense, abruptly stopped posting after discussing some music he had been listening to.

We also could use some new life around here, but does anyone under the age of 35 even post on message boards anymore?

I am under 35 for a couple more months.

I think Chup was getting pretty stressed about job stuff and maybe that had something to do with it. Great guy with interesting life, but his positivity was kinda going out near the end.

That reminds me, there was a guy who wrote on Blogger So Dear and then Sports Illustrated and then Vice or something similar, Wake guy from Ohio. Who has gone silent over the last year or so. I checked my twitter feed and I guess he deleted twitter, but I totally forget his name. Really enjoyed his writing.

I am really glad my kids got into Bluey, because that shit is hilarious.

so what do we think happened to:
El Chupe
Say Hey
Robbins

a) death
a1) COVID near death and change in life priorities
b) somehow all three posters just quit
c) q anon

I started thinking about this because el chupe was a participant in the bird thread last spring, then on 6/25, without a temper tantrum or other seeming offense, abruptly stopped posting after discussing some music he had been listening to.

Hoping a new Braves season might lure Say Hey back to the board.

I am under 35 for a couple more months.

I think Chup was getting pretty stressed about job stuff and maybe that had something to do with it. Great guy with interesting life, but his positivity was kinda going out near the end.

That reminds me, there was a guy who wrote on Blogger So Dear and then Sports Illustrated and then Vice or something similar, Wake guy from Ohio. Who has gone silent over the last year or so. I checked my twitter feed and I guess he deleted twitter, but I totally forget his name. Really enjoyed his writing.

Damn that Mr Ickman aka slothrop

Say Hey was the funniest poster here and I thought Rube-ins’s schtick was annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back