• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not doubting there are good restaurants in Ireland, but if you were to rank global cuisines, Ireland is way down the list

I'm going to waterboard you with Guinness stew until you recant this heresy. I'm a glutton for mutton.

Yeah, I think the craft beer revolution probably destroyed Guinness sales in the US. Still a great beer though and an appropriate order at a real Irish pub.

lol he was definitely british, got kidnapped and enslaved by some sweet irish pirates when he was like 12

I said English, not British. The Welsh and Scottish have been known to claim him too, having been born in Scotland.

I will say that Irish whiskey is bad. I even tried some of the top stuff like Yellow Spot and Redbreast and brought some bottles home but it's so thin compared to others.

I, like St Patrick, am also of mixed heritage from the British Isles and am claimed by the English, Scottish, and Irish.

It was funny (not really I guess) to learn at the Irish Whiskey Museum that the English used to buy all their whiskey, then when the Irish independence movement came about in the early 20th century the English stopped buying it. So the Irish said no problem we'll just sell it all to the Americans. Then, oops, prohibition.

I will say that Irish whiskey is bad. I even tried some of the top stuff like Yellow Spot and Redbreast and brought some bottles home but it's so thin compared to others.

Wow, would be interested in hearing other opinions on this. Redbreast 15 is phenomenal IMO.

a robin red breast in a cage puts all heaven in a rage

I will say I do enjoy Jameson Caskmates. a brewery in Cork (Franciscan Well, p good) ages their stout in Jameson barrels, then Jameson takes those barrels back and ages whiskey in them. gives the whiskey some nice toffee and chocolate notes. I think there are other ones like a IPA Caskmates, but I have only had the OG stout version.

maybe I shouldn't have said "bad" but it doesn't compare to the best scotches or bourbons imo

Okay I hear you there. Definitely less complexity and depth. I don’t drink Irish whiskey very often but am very partial to Redbreast. My FIL is a big Jameson guy but I recently got him to try Teeling which is quite good and relatively new to market.

I’m convinced that nobody actually gets Joyce but pretentious assholes pretend to so they can seem smarter than the rest of us.

Okay I hear you there. Definitely less complexity and depth. I don’t drink Irish whiskey very often but am very partial to Redbreast. My FIL is a big Jameson guy but I recently got him to try Teeling which is quite good and relatively new to market.

like I appreciate it's good, but I guess I am just left lacking. I guess that's why I like Caskmates since it's a little more full-bodied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back