Page 8 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Thread: CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Quote Originally Posted by tiltdeac View Post
    We rented a minivan for a road trip so we could bring the dog and I actually kinda liked it.

OK...speaking of cars...anyone here have an opinion on the Subaru Forester? Or preferred similar vehicles?
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

I donít own one but US News gives them bottom level reliability scores. If looking at new vehicles, take a look at the Mazda CX-5 or Nissan Rogue, and obviously the CRV.
    Last edited by YoungBuck95; 03-08-2021 at 07:29 PM.

Iíve noticed the relatively poor reliability scores for the Subaru.

But how do the different reliability scores translate into the real world? Arenít most of these modern cars relatively reliable compared to the old days?

My oldest is looking and likes the forester. Weíre all fairly tall and need decent headroom and passenger room generally in a small suv-ish vehicle preferably with awd.

From what I can tell from reading, the Ford Escape isnít bad, also with better reliability.

Heís checked out the crv and actually likes the forester better. The cx5 feels a little more compact from inside but drives better.

Itíll be up to him, but Iím soliciting feedback from yíall if you have experience or opinions.

Thx

The stugotz CANCEL posts are always welcomed additions to the CT.

I used a foam roller tonight to work out all the sores. First time Iíve done it in a while. Is there any particular reason I got really nauseous afterwards? Same thing happens when I get a deep tissue massage.

Being the loving and omnipotent feudal lord that I am, I try to change the CT title daily/nightly to reflect the topic du jour but tonight I'm not touching (pun intended) this one. Y'all chat up some different interesting shit tonight, I'll be back to check on you in the morning.

are you pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    Letís talk about pinball machines
    f that, let's talk CROSSWORDS

We just bought an Outback and love it so far. From what I read they had earlier reliability issues that have been resolved. Our dealer was including a 10 year/100k powertrain warranty which we upgraded to the full extended warranty for not much more. So essentially everything other than normal wear and tear items is covered.

Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    I used a foam roller tonight to work out all the sores. First time Iíve done it in a while. Is there any particular reason I got really nauseous afterwards? Same thing happens when I get a deep tissue massage.
    It moves a ton of fluid around so gotta make sure youíre well hydrated before and after

my impreza saved my life (or at least helped me avoid srs injury) i think so ymmv
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

though i guess reliability and safety are p different

I disagree with you
    We have an outback and an ascent. Theyíre both great.

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    Yep

Subarus seem to have generally good safety ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    What about accountability?

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    What about accountability?
    There's a series of threads for that

subaru credibility thread

Fuck this made me laugh out loud.

Whatís a new car that has a horrible safety rating? Donít modern standards pretty much have a pretty high floor.

Our first Outback had a terrible sunroof leak that no one could fix. So we traded it in for one without a sunroof. We have several friends who had similar issues.

Other than that, theyíve been great.