• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
We rented a minivan for a road trip so we could bring the dog and I actually kinda liked it.

OK...speaking of cars...anyone here have an opinion on the Subaru Forester? Or preferred similar vehicles?

I don’t own one but US News gives them bottom level reliability scores. If looking at new vehicles, take a look at the Mazda CX-5 or Nissan Rogue, and obviously the CRV.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed the relatively poor reliability scores for the Subaru.

But how do the different reliability scores translate into the real world? Aren’t most of these modern cars relatively reliable compared to the old days?

My oldest is looking and likes the forester. We’re all fairly tall and need decent headroom and passenger room generally in a small suv-ish vehicle preferably with awd.

From what I can tell from reading, the Ford Escape isn’t bad, also with better reliability.

He’s checked out the crv and actually likes the forester better. The cx5 feels a little more compact from inside but drives better.

:noidea:

It’ll be up to him, but I’m soliciting feedback from y’all if you have experience or opinions.

Thx

I used a foam roller tonight to work out all the sores. First time I’ve done it in a while. Is there any particular reason I got really nauseous afterwards? Same thing happens when I get a deep tissue massage.

Being the loving and omnipotent feudal lord that I am, I try to change the CT title daily/nightly to reflect the topic du jour but tonight I'm not touching (pun intended) this one. Y'all chat up some different interesting shit tonight, I'll be back to check on you in the morning.

We just bought an Outback and love it so far. From what I read they had earlier reliability issues that have been resolved. Our dealer was including a 10 year/100k powertrain warranty which we upgraded to the full extended warranty for not much more. So essentially everything other than normal wear and tear items is covered.

I used a foam roller tonight to work out all the sores. First time I’ve done it in a while. Is there any particular reason I got really nauseous afterwards? Same thing happens when I get a deep tissue massage.

It moves a ton of fluid around so gotta make sure you’re well hydrated before and after

my impreza saved my life (or at least helped me avoid srs injury) i think so ymmv

though i guess reliability and safety are p different

Fuck this made me laugh out loud.

412df916835ceb23a812cba01868c976.jpg

What’s a new car that has a horrible safety rating? Don’t modern standards pretty much have a pretty high floor.

Our first Outback had a terrible sunroof leak that no one could fix. So we traded it in for one without a sunroof. We have several friends who had similar issues.

Other than that, they’ve been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back