• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that.

I generally hate sun/moon roofs. They lower the ceiling height and who really needs or uses them? And then they malfunction anyhow. :mad:

Nonetheless, they seem super popular and intractably part of anything but the lowest trim models...!

Our new one has a sunroof. I used it once to test it but it was really noisy. What’s the advantage of them?

Did your leak happen over time, District or from the beginning?

is there a car with less driver diversity (driversity?) than a subaru?

We have a 2016 forester that I like. Drives more truck-like than a typical compact suv. Feels more spartan too like it’s meant to be beat to shit. A lot roomier interior than say a CX5 but it’s not as comfortable for the front passenger (so I’ve heard). It has touch screen electronics and stuff which makes me nervous that they’ll crap out someday with no way to fix or update.

We also had a CX5 which we recently sold to get a Tesla instead. The CX5 was more interesting to drive for sure (with slightly worse gas mileage). Really nice looking car and comfortable too, and the trim seemed equivalent to luxury models we’d once looked at. However, the electronics system in that really did start to crap out when we sold it, and the dealer didn’t find a problem when we’d taken it in. That put her on the chopping block when the Tesla itch came.

Y’all are crazy I love a sunroof.

I like having the sun shade part open to let in more light but rarely the whole thing.

We have a 2018 CR-V and it’s really nice. Obviously the quality is super high and it just suits our needs really well. We did test drive a Forester also and it was nice. Felt roomier on the inside and agree that it felt more like a truck. Also more headroom which Connor mentioned, again not an issue for us as we are normal height.

My wife has a Forester and we generally like it. I think her biggest gripe is the actual mileage she gets is way less than what was advertised, so she’s feels a little mislead.

Our new one has a sunroof. I used it once to test it but it was really noisy. What’s the advantage of them?

Did your leak happen over time, District or from the beginning?

We bought it low mileage used from the dealer - I think the previous owners traded it in because of the issue, but I’ll never be able to prove it.

It was maddening to diagnosis/fix because the dealer would run it through the car wash for an hour and it would come out dry as a bone. But every third or so heavy rain the front drivers well would end up soaked.

After the third or fourth time taking it to the dealership with no answer, we found out there was mold growing under the carpet and that was the last straw. Traded it back to a different dealer and bought a new one with no sunroof.

I’m not sure I’ve heard of some of these cars.

A few different friends have Nissan Rogues & I’ve liked them the few times I’ve been in them. Pretty roomy & the interior was rather nice.

BIFF made the crossword for Tuesday. It’s even Biff Tannen!!

I rented a dodge charger once and I felt like a real fucking american

happy with my 2011 Subaru Legacy, but I don't drive much

not a lot of get-up-and-go but good winter weather features

We had a 2017 Ford Escape that was starting to shudder some when you accelerated. Took it to the dealer before Christmas and it had a cracked cylinder necessitating a new engine. Barely out of its powertrain warranty and not even fully paid off yet. They had recalled the 2013-2015 models for this issue but not the 16s or 17s. Lots of complaints online of similar issues with the 2017 and the service manager said he had 4 Escapes in his shop needing new engines. The dealer nor Ford were willing to offer any discount since it was out of warranty by just a few hundred miles. Not even 10% or anything for my troubles of filing a formal complaint with Ford.

So traded it in and bought the Outback. We had been thinking of trading in our Camry for something bigger but this forced our hand. The Camry is a 2015 and rock solid.

I have a 2014 Forester and love it. No major problems although I guess they're knowing for going through bearings. I've had to replace two but in the grand scheme of things it's not that bad. Love the AWD, gas mileage is pretty good. Panoramic moon roof is really nice, plus mine has a really nice HUD with all kinds of info screens.

Was thinking of trading it in for a used Acura RDX but in the end decided I liked my Subaru too much and wanted to drive it till the bitter end. Has about 120k so far

Damn Diggler. You are up even earlier than normal.

Let’s go bench press a Prius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back