• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think even if a teaching position opened up at say GW I wouldn't take it because I don't think life in DC is for me

my upstairs neighbor is a prof at GW, director of africana studies

We are trying to figure out how long we can stay in our current spot once baby #2 gets here.

The rooms for the kids are fine but once they need anything bigger than a toddler bed there really isn’t a very good configuration to achieve that due to layout.

We are currently in a 3 bedroom ranch which we love, but are moving to a much larger three story 4 bedroom later this month, with the knowledge that we want to create kid #2 sometime in the next year. Also because our current ranch was completely flipped and modernized when we bought it two years ago, and apparently we can sell it for $80K profit after two years because there is a massive shortage of modern "mid-tier" housing here in Winston.

wife almost took her graduate school position at GW but decided on Maine instead.

Also dad wants a basement for "the kids" but one that can also function as a dad cave. Only downside is moving into a less walkable area, however there is access to the Muddy Creek trail a neighborhood over from us so that is dope.

we stayed at the GW dorms every year for the BFTF (Wake's transatlantic summer program which brings a kid from every country in Europe to Wake and we teach them about DEMOCRACY and then bring them to Philly/DC)

those dorms were so grody

Man, I walked on over to the Tunnels Covid thread, and now I'm sliding back into the kinder, gentler confines of the CT a changed man.

Can't handle the moral heat or can't handle the Ph lied and Ph cried.

We are trying to figure out how long we can stay in our current spot once baby #2 gets here.

The rooms for the kids are fine but once they need anything bigger than a toddler bed there really isn’t a very good configuration to achieve that due to layout.

And that's why we're moving! Except it was kid #3 that did it to us.

Bunk beds a cool idea, but we tried putting both of my girls in the same room for like 3 months and it was chaos. No sleep was had. And now the boy is 2.5 years old and his crib days are numbered (he has continued to climb out). We needed more room and a better yard.

What kind of minivan that you pretend is a crossover you rocking ATS?

And that's why we're moving! Except it was kid #3 that did it to us.

Bunk beds a cool idea, but we tried putting both of my girls in the same room for like 3 months and it was chaos. No sleep was had. And now the boy is 2.5 years old and his crib days are numbered (he has continued to climb out). We needed more room and a better yard.

My wife got a peloton for her birthday and spent a lot of time getting the room it was in set up the way she wanted. Like two weeks after she finished she found out she was pregnant so bye bye Peloton room.

oof foggy bottom is not a good part of DC

like, not fun to hang out in? agree, not many fun or interesting places. watergate whiskey bar and rooftop are fun pricey things to do. would never in 1000 years want to live in west end/foggy bottom tho.

My wife got a peloton for her birthday and spent a lot of time getting the room it was in set up the way she wanted. Like two weeks after she finished she found out she was pregnant so bye bye Peloton room.

I just remember the Peleton commercial where the lady looked like she was being held captive against her will and her husband was forcing her to ride the bike.

Think about how much quicker you'd climb that rope if you had a very attractive but borderline too muscular woman yelling to push yourself and climb faster.

like, not fun to hang out in? agree, not many fun or interesting places. watergate whiskey bar and rooftop are fun pricey things to do. would never in 1000 years want to live in west end/foggy bottom tho.

I worked in west end for 5 years and it defs wasn't a great location, at least back then (left that area at the end of 2013). It's easy to get to dupont and georgetown from there, but I never really hung out in either neighborhood so it wasn't really a draw for me.

got some tacos last night that are making a devilish return today

lengua, al pastor, chapulines, pulpo

some really good flavors but i'm paying a price now

We went to one of my favorite Colombian restaurants in Charlotte, ordered the bandeja paisa which is basically a ton of meat, rice, avocado, beans, and a fried egg. Empanadas and platanos for appetizers. Took half of it home and regret nothing. Dog thoroughly enjoyed the leftover chicharrones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back