• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Townie, remember that mafia captain's choice game where we tried to play the antagonistic con and got called out for it along with the rest of our team like immediately? I miss mafia.

I feel like she isn't that recognizable. So do you think he knew right away or do you think after a few dates she was like listen I have something important to tell you and don't freak out, and he is like damn she has herpes, and she is like im worth 50 billion dollars.

i drove back to olympia clearheaded, temporarily
this spooling out repetitive decades-long song string,
this river coursing through my life,
these wild swipes at meaning
and now i circle back to look into the spring

27xAzjo.png

JCWimXG.png

o3gCqdx.png

so, i need some boards wisdom

my daughter's best friend apparently has an...issue...with self pleasure. Her parents are pretty open about it, she'll openly start masturbating and usually (they say) they'll tell her to at least go to her room to do it in private. Wife and I sort of laughed it off or whatever but the other night were at their house for dinner with another woman and her daughter (this is our pod) and the girls were upstairs playing. Long story short my wife and then later I had reason to run up to break up a disagreement or whatever and both times said Girl was just on the ground (writhing in my wife's parlance) in self pleasure, while the other two girls were playing with toys, basically ignoring it.

Now my wife is sort of paranoid about letting our daughter play over there on playdates, at least if they're going to be be quasi left to their own devices in her room. My daughter does not do this and doesn't talk about it or ask questions; also said girl does not do it when they're at our house for playdates.

I'm sort of ambivalent about the whole thing but wife wants to restrict playdates to our house/supervision and possibly bring it up with the Other Parents. the girls in question are all 5

my daughter's best friend apparently has an...issue...with self pleasure. Her parents are pretty open about it, she'll openly start masturbating and usually (they say) they'll tell her to at least go to her room to do it in private. Wife and I sort of laughed it off or whatever but the other night were at their house for dinner with another woman and her daughter (this is our pod) and the girls were upstairs playing. Long story short my wife and then later I had reason to run up to break up a disagreement or whatever and both times said Girl was just on the ground (writhing in my wife's parlance) in self pleasure, while the other two girls were playing with toys, basically ignoring it.

Now my wife is sort of paranoid about letting our daughter play over there on playdates, at least if they're going to be be quasi left to their own devices in her room. My daughter does not do this and doesn't talk about it or ask questions; also said girl does not do it when they're at our house for playdates.

I'm sort of ambivalent about the whole thing but wife wants to restrict playdates to our house/supervision and possibly bring it up with the Other Parents. the girls in question are all 5

What. The. Fuck.

and you don't think playdates should be restricted or are you in agreement?

and you don't think playdates should be restricted or are you in agreement?

i guess I'm not sure how concerned I need to be, if at all. Wife said she didn't want them in bedrooms by themselves anymore, period, which i thought was a little extreme

Friend is not asking my daughter to participate or talking about it or whatever. As far as we can tell, she does it b/c she's bored or as some sort of self-comforting mechanism.

That's a tough spot. I've heard that kids that young who experiment with pleasuring themselves have oftentimes been sexually abused in some capacity.

Obviously isn't the case across the board, but it's something to look into...How well do you know/trust the family? Not saying she was abused...And if she was, I'm not saying it was the parents...could be a sibling, aunt/uncle, etc.

Either way, that's really strange for a child that young to be watering her love garden, especially in the open and around other kids.

Good luck with this one.

What. The. Fuck.

kids are weird.

but to a little more clear, she was just sort of laying on the ground with her legs together and a hand between them. to an adult it's obvious what's going on; it's not like it was a OF account video

Nah, they're delicious. I just have stupid genetics and borderline high cholesterol even with exercise and diet and I don't wanna be on lipitor at forty, so I very, very rarely eat red meat.

We've been house hunting lately because we're still in the first house we bought in 2006 and we're ready for something nicer. We're just outside of Charlotte and our house is appraising for about 80K more than what we bought it for, and a realtor friend was saying we'll get more than that. Houses aren't staying on the market very long at all, and our neighbor two doors down just sold his without ever putting up a for sale sign. Another house that just came on the market last week in Huntersville that checked a bunch of boxes for us was under contract two days later.

We've been out of the real estate game for so long that we couldn't believe how apparently now there's this concept of a buyer's letter, where you plead your case to a seller that they'll sell to you instead of someone else. It's like writing a cover letter or applying to a university.

p sure leebs wrote one of these and got her house with it

was all ready with a "that's hot" comment until the last sentence.

I don't have kids, so my advice obviously comes with a grain of salt, but kids be kids sometimes. Esp. if you're pretty sure this isn't the result of some past trauma (good home, good parents, etc.). I'd be more concerned if that was the case, I think.

Seems more disruptive to disrupt/hover over a best-friend-relationship, imo.

That's a tough spot. I've heard that kids that young who experiment with pleasuring themselves have oftentimes been sexually abused in some capacity.

Probably super important to just be careful with this kind of thought b/c it can quickly become an explanation for simple experimentation.

I don't have kids, so my advice obviously comes with a grain of salt, but kids be kids sometimes. Esp. if you're pretty sure this isn't the result of some past trauma (good home, good parents, etc.). I'd be more concerned if that was the case, I think.

Seems more disruptive to disrupt/hover over a best-friend-relationship, imo.

that's sort of my feeling; i don't want to overdramatize this with daughter or friends; seems like kids/kids

her parents are stressed parents but otherwise great. I have zero reason to think they'd harm their kid and relatives are so far away as to make that kind of abuse almost impossible.

Also probably important to try and view masturbation through the lens of a 5 year old and not a 30+ year old as you think through this. They possess none of the context you might automatically rely on to explain it.

I did not know girls that young could do that

is this common knowledge?

but yeah, I think you want to avoid any shaming to the greatest extent possible

Also probably important to try and view masturbation through the lens of a 5 year old and not a 30+ year old as you think through this. They possess none of the context you might automatically rely on to explain it.

View masturbation through the lens of a 5 year old? Am I not picking up on the sarcasm here....?

I'm good on that.

if 5 yo daughter asked me what her friend was doing I'd just say (1) it's natural and (2) sometimes other people don't like to watch you do it and relate it to other private things like pooping or changing clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back