• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
that pic is from a bitcoin mine, it's a bunch of GPUs all welded onto an old car factory shell

I had a 96 XJ. It was a POS but good lord I love it. Could go anywhere.

Also the back windshield fluid spray went straight back away from the car so that was always funny to do when I had friends in the car behind me.

CT Brasky #2: Its Car Talk w/ Click and Clack

The other issue with an electric jeep is that accessories (winch, lights, fridge, etc) all run off battery - with a combustion engine you can recharge the amp draw from those accessories, but a pure EV doesn’t have efficient battery regeneration (that I’m aware of). That’s got to be solved for mass adoption in the adventure / off road community.

Fair enough. The gas worshipping protestations felt a little too poser-y, is all. Seems like a you do you situation. Id think many off roaders could probably easily do it on a single charge anyway, at least around here.

I mean just because they can, should they? The whole point of a wrangler is to fucking drive it to the middle of nowhere. Maybe strap 6 gallons of gas on the back just in case.

When using the jeep like you should use a jeep you shouldn't be within 50 miles of a power outlet.

man it's always sunny really nailed the archetype with dennis + his finisher car huh

Fair enough. The gas worshipping protestations felt a little too poser-y, is all. Seems like a you do you situation. Id think many off roaders could probably easily do it on a single charge anyway, at least around here.

Oh, catamounts a clown and you can stay on him. The off-road crowd is probably 1% of the car buying population. I would think that an electric or hybrid wrangler would sell very well.

plus, all this was a "someday I hope..." post for getting Jeeps up to a level of performance with electric

once we strap solar panels on cars, you won't have to worry so much about your range

All you really need is a Mr. Fusion to power the flux capacitor.

mr_fusion.jpg

I’m all for it. Rivian has an adventure build out right now and it’s really sweet.

The other issue with an electric jeep is that accessories (winch, lights, fridge, etc) all run off battery - with a combustion engine you can recharge the amp draw from those accessories, but a pure EV doesn’t have efficient battery regeneration (that I’m aware of). That’s got to be solved for mass adoption in the adventure / off road community.

Actually since there’s no engine noise and no exhaust you can just keep an EV turned on to run accessories. I’ve run a TV/blu ray player off an inverter for 6-8 hours with my car turned on the whole time and lost maybe 1 mile of range.

it gets me that the city of Staunton, VA is pronounced Stanton. There's a fucking U in it. Whenever we drive through there or past a sign for it I say Staun-ton just to drive my wife crazy. For a state so proud of its English heritage, Virginians sure don't know how to speak it.

My stylist retired to go full time into the scrap metal/ginseng/fur trade so now I go to the lady that cuts my wife’s hair, who is also unfortunately a close family friend and now I’m stuck getting subpar haircuts until this lady dies.

Actually since there’s no engine noise and no exhaust you can just keep an EV turned on to run accessories. I’ve run a TV/blu ray player off an inverter for 6-8 hours with my car turned on the whole time and lost maybe 1 mile of range.

The amp draw of a 10000lb winch is almost 100x than that of a tv, so efficient power regeneration is a real need for running offroad accessories.

My stylist retired to go full time into the scrap metal/ginseng/fur trade so now I go to the lady that cuts my wife’s hair, who is also unfortunately a close family friend and now I’m stuck getting subpar haircuts until this lady dies.

go for the "play" instead

it gets me that the city of Staunton, VA is pronounced Stanton. There's a fucking U in it. Whenever we drive through there or past a sign for it I say Staun-ton just to drive my wife crazy. For a state so proud of its English heritage, Virginians sure don't know how to speak it.

Or Rio Road in Charlottesville being pronounced Rye-Oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back