• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tourney Time: WF v. ND - Tuesday 7 pm ACCN

You’re crazy if you don’t see a difference in coaching. Without coaching this no talent team doesn’t win an ACC game. We got a seriously good class coming in. Forbes job is to go out an get more ACC talent. All these Manning turds can go. Please fucking transfer turds.

We're going to be really glad to have that saved timeout to start the season next year, though.

Knowing we had no chance of winning the ACC and being the shallow person that I am, there's some solace in thinking the Irish give me a better chance of seeing the Holes lose tomorrow.

Severe lack of talent. We played hard but if you aren't hitting 3's and have no inside game it is a matter of time. Can't have Massoud soaking up that many minutes without Ody in there. Muscius and Massoud were not good second half- DuBose kind of disappeared. Whitt played a nice game as did Williamson but not much else in the second half.

Take the softest piece of cotton on the whole planet and Massoud is even softer than that.

Forbes missed his one and only opportunity to make a great impression on the ACC Tournament.

I mean our hot 3 point shooting finally cooled off mucius missed a couple of quick looks at the basket that he had been hitting for most of the game. That's our entire inside game.

Y'all really this hurt for what? Forbes overachieved w/ this team. Get a few more dudes and the future is bright.

So, painfully rewatching that last play - it's hard to complain about the setup. Massoud had the kid with the broken leg on him, he picked for Williamson and we forced the switch and Williamson pulled it back out with like 8 on the shot clock and their injured slow defender on him. Maybe Forbes calls timeout if we don't get the switch, but you can't ask for a better matchup than that.

There's just no reason for Williamson to pull up at the free throw line there. None. It was just awful execution after the kid hit some huge shots for us.

Yep. He keeps driving and maybe he gets a shot off, maybe he gets fouled, but they likely don't get a shot off.

We're going to be really glad to have that saved timeout to start the season next year, though.

We got iso with our best player on their gimpy player. We didn't make a play. The play worked as designed. No TO was needed there.

Williamson spazzed out there. He should have kicked it out.

5 missed layups in the last couple minutes. Calling a TO to set up a play is so overrated, I like just playing it through. Daivien took that shot wayyy too early and it was a terrible shot. Not on Forbes, make some fucking layups and take the last shot.

I don't fault the no-timeout call at the end. Forbes has a guard he has coached for 3 years, we got the switch, basically ran the play he would have coached them to run. Just ran it 3 seconds too soon and didn't go to the basket.

Our offensive execution over the last 7 minutes was horrible, and it couldn't have hurt to take a timeout at some point while things were unraveling.

Awful coaching the last 5 minutes. He had a TO to set up the last shot. You don’t let this team create on their own. An opportunity blown due to coaching. This is the first time I have had serious doubts about Forbes. We looked like a Manning coached team down the stretch. Embarrassing. Forbes needs to get off his ass and go recruit ACC level players

Ditto!

We got iso with our best player on their gimpy player. We didn't make a play. The play worked as designed. No TO was needed there.

Maybe that's the play we would have tried to set up anyway, but it would have been a good opportunity to not leave anything to chance and encourage the play to start late enough to not give ND the last shot.

Y'all really this hurt for what? Forbes overachieved w/ this team. Get a few more dudes and the future is bright.

stop saying he overachieved

we beat two horrible Covid-impacted rosters, and we beat a mediocre Pitt team because a .300 3-point shooter went 8-10 one night

I believe in Forbes but let's not build the statue yet

Do they roll the Quad after choking ? use the toilet paper to wipe the tears

Agree with the more recent posters. I don't see how the blame is on Forbes. We got plenty off good looks during the drought that should have taken care of business. Daivien should have kicked to Mucius or kept his dribble alive.

Back