• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tourney Time: WF v. ND - Tuesday 7 pm ACCN

I don't fault the no-timeout call at the end. Forbes has a guard he has coached for 3 years, we got the switch, basically ran the play he would have coached them to run. Just ran it 3 seconds too soon and didn't go to the basket.

Our offensive execution over the last 7 minutes was horrible, and it couldn't have hurt to take a timeout at some point while things were unraveling.

It's not like we ended with 3 timeouts. Forbes had 1. I'd have called it if Whitt missed that 2 to talk through end-game fouling scenario or if they hit their shot. They didn't, we had plenty of time, got a play called. Use the timeout if someone gets trapped or things go sideways. Based on how that unfolded, it's just hindsight to bash the coaching. We missed a bunch of bunnies, Massoud bricked a wide open 3, Williamson drove at their injured defender and choked.

5 missed layups in the last couple minutes. Calling a TO to set up a play is so overrated, I like just playing it through. Daivien took that shot wayyy too early and it was a terrible shot. Not on Forbes, make some fucking layups and take the last shot.

Missed game but we apparently miss a lot of layups. Are we incapable of dunking instead of settling for attempted layups?

stop saying he overachieved

we beat two horrible Covid-impacted rosters, and we beat a mediocre Pitt team because a .300 3-point shooter went 8-10 one night

I believe in Forbes but let's not build the statue yet

Maybe so. I just thought we were in alot of games we had no business being competitive in with the talent gap. That awful 4 game stretch after the FSU game was my only disappointment of the year. I am excited for next years squad with a full off season.

Williamson spazzed out there. He should have kicked it out.

Carter is the only driver all season to keep his head up and have the chance of a kick out. Every other player, all season, once they decide to drive, they put their head down and go hell or high water to the rim. Not able to draw a foul, not able to get a good angle on the lay up. Results = no fouls, no and-1s, no 3-pointers on a kick-out, no baskets.

Run two single or double screens at the top of the key and again at the foul line if they collapse on you in the lane, have your two best 3-point shooters on each wing ready. If they don't collapse, let Carter take an 8-foot jumper. Coaching.

Missed game but we apparently miss a lot of layups. Are we incapable of dunking instead of settling for attempted layups?

For 95% of the game we were finishing at the rim better than we have all season. Last 4-5 minutes absolutely nothing was falling and offense went stagnant. But yes, we are incapable of dunking. If we could, Carter would average about 10 APG.

Maybe so. I just thought we were in alot of games we had no business being competitive in with the talent gap. That awful 4 game stretch after the FSU game was my only disappointment of the year. I am excited for next years squad with a full off season.

Really not sure about the bolded until I see who we add during the offseason. I'm not down on Forbes, but our current squad plus Hildreth and McCray (and a hoped for improvement from Whitt) still isn't a competitive ACC team. The talent deficit is huge.

It's not like we ended with 3 timeouts. Forbes had 1. I'd have called it if Whitt missed that 2 to talk through end-game fouling scenario or if they hit their shot. They didn't, we had plenty of time, got a play called. Use the timeout if someone gets trapped or things go sideways. Based on how that unfolded, it's just hindsight to bash the coaching. We missed a bunch of bunnies, Massoud bricked a wide open 3, Williamson drove at their injured defender and choked.

there are plenty of better examples of "bashing the coaching" than me suggesting we do something to stem a 17-2 run.

once ND switched to man, the ball stuck a lot more than it had earlier in the game.

Last game was one of the few times I've seen a Wake dunk recently. And that was a Quadry Adams follow shot.

Maybe call that timeout you got steve

This. Waited too long to call the second to last and could/should have called the last one there to set something up. Not Forbes’ finest hour those last few minutes.

I'm huge on Forbes, but seriously with this squad he should have called a timeout and set up something. I think a few big transfers and we'll be much more competitive next year but damn we some bigs in this joint. This game definitely sucked to lose. I think there were several times during the 17-2 run he should have used the timeout and not even necessarily on the last possession. I think he missed big for this team not using it but oh well. Fuck it, were a tennis school..

This. Waited too long to call the second to last and could/should have called the last one there to set something up. Not Forbes’ finest hour those last few minutes.

We scored 2pts. in the last 7 minutes. Forbes can’t put it in the basket for them! Get real! Manning fucked this program by recruiting no talent bitches. One didn’t even play tonight.....message sent. Pack your bags Neath!

Carter is the only driver all season to keep his head up and have the chance of a kick out. Every other player, all season, once they decide to drive, they put their head down and go hell or high water to the rim. Not able to draw a foul, not able to get a good angle on the lay up. Results = no fouls, no and-1s, no 3-pointers on a kick-out, no baskets.

Run two single or double screens at the top of the key and again at the foul line if they collapse on you in the lane, have your two best 3-point shooters on each wing ready. If they don't collapse, let Carter take an 8-foot jumper. Coaching.

I don't ever remember Williamson taking that foul line pull up. Maybe you iso whitt but you had Williamson on a gimpy player.

Welcome to Wake Coach Forbes!

Where we get our hearts ripped out, stomped on repeatedly and then thrown into the crapper.

Still some west coast games to go tonight, but with the NBA on break, the combined block and rush down the court buzzer-beater should give us a decent shot of being ESPN's #1 play on SportsCenter. So yay us I guess.

Glad to see Carter Whitt have his best game to end the season. 12 pts, 7 assists, 1 turnover is stellar, plus the stones to take (and hit) the tying shot. He whipped a few incredible passes tonight.

I don't ever remember Williamson taking that foul line pull-up. Maybe you iso Whitt, but you had Williamson on a gimpy player.

Exactly. You don't call on Williamson to drive in that situation. If he does, he's a guarantee to try to go to the rim if he's not tripple-teamed. ND knew to do that because he's a guard that once scouted, never dishes on a drive.

5c781ac407aee10dd9d60ef3eb2ae72d.jpg

Honestly, would have preferred another blow-out to close out the season ending 8 game losing streak.... than to lose that way. :tear:

Back