• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tourney Time: WF v. ND - Tuesday 7 pm ACCN

what exactly should Currie to do about it this summer?

Just a thought, but sit down with Forbes, then Clawson and ask: do you know what LOWF means? Start there.

How will we change that? If slowly grinding to a 2-17 point finish last night is not LOWF maybe I don’t understand the concept or problem.

It seems like we go into every meaningful game, regardless of the line, as not ready to dominate and/or with a chip on our shoulders, starting hot but not ready to finish. So we then get beat as expected or predictably allow epic comebacks. Maybe I am revising history.

It just feels like a mindset, and Baylor no longer has it, for example.

Bet Forbes wishes he was back at ETSU----25 wins a year to 6 wins- we are back to BOB STAAK era----some of these dudes need to leave or go to transfer so Forbes has schollys to get real ACC players
Forbes knew what he was getting into and knew that when Sarr and Brown left that we were gonna be a talent deficient lineup.

With all due respect to Dubose and he's a good player, but a transfer from Houston-Baptist can't be a go-to player on an ACC team. Yet that is where we were at.

Carlik Jones, first team All ACC, Radford!? grad transfer, says Hi.

Just a thought, but sit down with Forbes, then Clawson and ask: do you know what LOWF means? Start there.

How will we change that? If slowly grinding to a 2-17 point finish last night is not LOWF maybe I don’t understand the concept or problem.

It seems like we go into every meaningful game, regardless of the line, as not ready to dominate and/or with a chip on our shoulders, starting hot but not ready to finish. So we then get beat as expected or predictably allow epic comebacks. Maybe I am revising history.

It just feels like a mindset, and Baylor no longer has it, for example.
It's amazing what elite basketball talent will do to change that.

Carlik Jones, first team All ACC, Radford!? grad transfer, says Hi.

There are exceptions to almost every rule. When was the last time Wake got a transfer player from a 200+ KP team who was ACC level? Hell, when was the last time anyone in the ACC got a starter from such a team.

BTW, I am giving you a lot of leeway in say #200 up. Houston Baptist was #281.

Radford was #122 (52 slots ahead of Wake).

Before the season, I caught shit because I said we'd be lucky to win more than a few ACC games as we didn't have much talent and were a donut team. I hope Forbes stays for twenty and wins 500 more games, but this season's in game coaching was mediocre. The were no excuses for losing to F$U or ND. Those losses are on the coach. Other games we fell apart in games we should have expected to lose big but we never never stopped the bleeding.

Next year we will have more talent than this year, but we still lack a quality big or we will have another well below .500 season. I hope we get that guy or that Forbes builds off this year and wins twenty games. I want him to retire here, but he needs to coach better.

I guess we could say the coaching was great when we had leads and really shitty when we lost. The fact is that we may not have one player that could start for either team yet we took them to the wire and should have won both. I think that speaks well for the coach. We have virtually no bench and we tire at the end when the cream does rise to the top. Better players make better plays during crunch time.

Michigan's starting PG Mike Smith transferred from #299 Columbia, and of course, Chaundee came from LOWF WF. Blanket statements that a player can't be good if he's from a certain school or lower level are dumb.

Duncan Robinson transferred from D3 Williams College (Clawson's school) to Michigan. He played a key role in getting Michigan to the Natty Game, and he's the fastest NBA player to 300 3s in a career. Good thing that coaches at Michigan and the NBA didn't just assume that he couldn't play because he started at a D3 school.

Michigan's starting PG Mike Smith transferred from #299 Columbia, and of course, Chaundee came from LOWF WF. Blanket statements that a player can't be good if he's from a certain school or lower level are dumb.

Duncan Robinson transferred from D3 Williams College (Clawson's school) to Michigan. He played a key role in getting Michigan to the Natty Game, and he's the fastest NBA player to 300 3s in a career. Good thing that coaches at Michigan and the NBA didn't just assume that he couldn't play because he started at a D3 school.

This is one thing that I trust about Forbes and the staff. If they see someone they think is a player that can help us win, they won't give a fuck where they come from or what they are ranked.

What's even DUMBER is to neglect a statement like this , "There are exceptions to almost every rule. Hence, it's not a blanket statement.

Bringing up Chaundee is moronic. Wake is P6 school and Chaundee was a Top 40 national recruit. Putting him in is mind-numbing.

Don't dance or come up with an excuse just admit you are wrong about Chaundee.

It would also admirable for you to admit that I didn't make a blanket statement. I SPECIFICALLY said "there are exceptions".

Is this the thread where we discuss the rest of the Tourney (NWT)?

NC State getting smashed is fun.

Is this the thread where we discuss the rest of the Tourney (NWT)?

NC State getting smashed is fun.

It can still be Wake related. At least Syracuse knew how to keep a lead and didn’t allow State to go on a 17-2 run.

Well at least we were only a partial embarrassment for the final 7 minutes opposed to the full 40 minute display of embarrassment from the Wolpfack.

It's amazing what elite basketball talent will do to change that.

Well yeah, that’s true, of course. Lucking into Duncan, landing top 10 (actually top 5) talents like Rodney and CP3, James Johnson from Wyoming and Teague from Indiana in the same year. We can turn it around fast.

What I posted days ago about Baylor is they are flat out jacked. They look much stronger and thicker than we do. Maybe that is maturity/older guys, but they are FIT.

Well yeah, that’s true, of course. Lucking into Duncan, landing top 10 (actually top 5) talents like Rodney and CP3, James Johnson from Wyoming and Teague from Indiana in the same year. We can turn it around fast.

What I posted days ago about Baylor is they are flat out jacked. They look much stronger and thicker than we do. Maybe that is maturity/older guys, but they are FIT.

Maybe with all the medical facilities, the players have some help.

Glad this season is over. Had an open mind about Forbes and was willing to give some slack for the last half of this season, until the second half yesterday, when he left Massoud in the game so long in the second half and killed the game for us. Platitudes and attitude are nice but you've got to be able to coach your team to win some of the games they have a chance to win. Yesterday was bad coaching effort. Lack of talent is no excuse. He needs to improve the incoming recruiting class before I'll be open minded going into next season.

Back