Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 371

Thread: Transgender Athletes

  1. #281
    NC GOP says "don't let the discrimination train leave us behind!"

    https://www.highschoolot.com/propose...irth/19590483/

  2. #282
    Yet another example of adults hurting kids sports....

  3. #283
    Boomer Boy Shorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    GA's Gilded 6th
    Posts
    7,917
    Quote Originally Posted by uncaboref View Post
    NC GOP says "don't let the discrimination train leave us behind!"

    https://www.highschoolot.com/propose...irth/19590483/
    "Athletic teams or sports designated for females, women, or girls shall not be open to students of the male sex," the bill says.

    Females, women, or girls? What a bunch of idiots.

  4. #284
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    "Athletic teams or sports designated for females, women, or girls shall not be open to students of the male sex," the bill says.

    Females, women, or girls? What a bunch of idiots.
    So women can play men's sports?

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    "Athletic teams or sports designated for females, women, or girls shall not be open to students of the male sex," the bill says.

    Females, women, or girls? What a bunch of idiots.
    They're soooo inclusive! <self high five>

  6. #286
    What about when a male sports coach calls the male players on his team "ladies" because he thinks they aren't working hard enough? Is that team designated for males or females?
    Birds are real.

  7. #287
    ... Critics of such legislation, including AJ Mazaris, the director of the LGBTQ+ Center at Wake Forest University, say such bills are creating an issue out of something that is not a problem.

    “This is much like HB2,” Mazaris said, referencing the famous “bathroom bill” that banned transgender people from using the bathroom of their identity. “This is a solution looking for a problem, but the problem isn’t actually there.”

    Mazaris said the bill sends a harmful message to transgender youth, a segment of the population that has higher rates of anxiety, depression and suicide ideation than their peers.

    “When you have positive messages of inclusion for transgender youth, negative mental health outcomes start to dissipate,” Mazaris said. “These bills aren’t just harmful to trans athletes but for all trans youths who are receiving this message on a very public stage that their lives don’t matter.”

    Brody, the bill’s primary sponsor, said in a statement that instances of men competing in women’s sports exemplify the need to act before women’s sports opportunities are destroyed. He did not cite any examples. “The Save Women’s Sports Act is the solution which ensures that all female athletes will be assured a level playing field to compete and win,” he said.


    From a piece in today’s W-SJ.
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    So women can play men's sports?
    We have played some schools in football that have females on the team. They usually only play a down or two but the males are sorta freaked out about hitting a girl hard, even in pads. Makes for an interesting dynamic.

  9. #289
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    The comment was made because the law only addressed men playing on women's teams.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    The comment was made because the law only addressed men playing on women's teams.
    Oh I know. I was just noting something I’ve seen.

  11. #291
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,786
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    I'm guessing most women and girls would prefer good facilities to excluding trans women and girls.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by CHDeac View Post
    We have played some schools in football that have females on the team. They usually only play a down or two but the males are sorta freaked out about hitting a girl hard, even in pads. Makes for an interesting dynamic.
    That's interesting... In hockey at the younger ages, the girls are usually more aggressive and physical because they are bigger. Once the boys catch up in the U14 range, checking is legal and a ponytail is a big target.

  13. #293
    Just a heads up, anybody who refers to a woman as a "female" (i.e. using the word as a noun instead of an adjective) sounds like a men's rights activist.

  14. #294
    Oh, I usually say "thouest squawking creature taken from man's rib, and evermore a pain in his side"...
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    Oh, I usually say "thouest squawking creature taken from man's rib, and evermore a pain in his side"...
    In which case you'd sound like Milton, whose "Divorce Tracts" are a solid lesson in exegetical misogyny and marital desperation.

  16. #296
    lol

    in for a penny, in for a pound
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    lol

    in for a penny, in for a pound
    This is AMERICA. we don't weigh our coinage!

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    Just a heads up, anybody who refers to a woman as a "female" (i.e. using the word as a noun instead of an adjective) sounds like a men's rights activist.
    Or a Ferengi!
    Birds are real.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    Just a heads up, anybody who refers to a woman as a "female" (i.e. using the word as a noun instead of an adjective) sounds like a men's rights activist.
    Cancel CHDeac!!!11!!!

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    Cancel CHDeac!!!11!!!
    Yes please do. I guess I never really thought of how I use common words as nouns and verbs, esp while defending the rights of transgendered athletes to play sports. My bad.

    That being said, I do love the Ferengi.

    https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/...of_Acquisition
    Last edited by CHDeac; 03-29-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •