Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Transgender Athletes

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Let me see, were millennials thrown in jail trying to fight for civil rights? Killed for fighting for voting rights? Killed in Vietnam? Who created things like Earth Day and the environmental movement? When did the women's movement get really going? When did the gay rights movement start and by whom?

When Boomers got power, we got it by taking it from the people before us. For at least the last fifteen years, I've been begging you guys to take your turn at power. Rather than putting yourselves at risk or on the line, you whine and bitch about Boomers. Unlike every generation before it, millennials would rather blame than do.

You have more power and ability to organize and put your cases forward than we ever dreamed possible, but you'd rather cry than do.

It's your world TAKE IT. Don't whine and cry about how mean others are.

By the way, there's another huge difference between Zs and millennials versus Boomers. If we found allies in our causes, we didn't attack them and drive them away. We welcomed help from those who supported our causes. You spit on them and then blame them for not doing enough for you.
    RJ with a spot on post. Good job. Go Boomers!!!

My two cents is that despite the fear (more like terror) we had as 60's kids of disappointing our parents and they disowning us (which many of us experienced) we rebelled, protested, stood up to injustice, grew our hair, etc. and said piss on it. Hard to explain but it was very liberating and well timed.
    Today the young either seem to shy away from the day's challenges or just don't care.
    Safe is no way to grow up.
    Last edited by DeacsPop; 04-11-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsPop View Post

My two cents is that despite the fear (more like terror) we had as 60's kids of disappointing our parents and they disowning us (which many of us experienced) we rebelled, protested, stood up to injustice, grew our hair, etc. and said piss on it. Hard to explain but it was very liberating and well timed.
    Today the young either seem to shy away from the day's challenges or just don't care. Safe is no way to grow up.
    "the young" spent all summer marching against police brutality and getting tear-gassed for their trouble. What was your response to their actions taking on the day's challenges?

Banhammer'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon923 View Post
    "the young" spent all summer marching against police brutality and getting tear-gassed for their trouble. What was your response to their actions taking on the day's challenges?
    I fully supported them. They need to keep going and growing.

With all the technology available, they should be able to organize and act on a consistent and constant basis. You can't stop when marches stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon923 View Post
    This.

A lot of work was done in the 60s/70s AND a lot of work is being done my millennials now. It's an incredibly active generation.

Also, back to the topic at hand. Here's a little more about the bills in front of the State Legislature and some actions steps you can take:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...MbXxvmaYhRziMU

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsPop View Post

Today the young either seem to shy away from the day's challenges or just don't care. Safe is no way to grow up.
    This is hella dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by lbE08 View Post
    I'm out of the loop on NC politics and don't feel like googling - is there potentially enough partisan support for that to pass through the state legislature?
    So, on the call with equality NC/ACLU last night, I was expecting a "here's the issue, but we don't expect it to be passed." That was not the message. It was more of "now is the time for strong advocacy." The GOP can pass the bill on their own and send it to the Gov's desk. It is expected that Cooper will veto, but from the call, there is concern and need for as many people to speak up and especially tell personal stories to the more rural Dem state senators/reps. There is some real fear that a few more rural dems might vote to pass this.

Banhammer'd
    The NC BS could backfire. It could unite people around the country to be stronger, louder and grow the power.

Here's a bigger question - Could the racist GA voting law and the attempted, NC bigoted law be the beginning of a small groundswell to rise up against the ignorant Trump base? For this to happen disparate groups would need to come together to act on each other's behalves not just for themselves.
    Last edited by RJKarl; 04-08-2021 at 11:52 AM.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

Transgender Athletes

Those 60s kids benefited from New Deal progressive policies, rebelled against going to war then fell right in line with Reaganomics as adults and had no problem expanding the military industrial complex to send people to war.

And letís be real. A very small percentage of white boomers gave a fuck about civil rights, womenís rights, and gay rights. They were getting theirs the whole time. They just didnít want to go to Vietnam.

This is so typical from you. You rant and rave, hurl invectives, then run away.

Yet you feel the need to attack an entire generation, many of whom are on your side and have been actively working on that side for decades. Rather thanking them or realizing you are building on the base that was created by others, you continually spit the faces of your allies.

Quote Originally Posted by IamThunderbolt View Post
    Also, back to the topic at hand. Here's a little more about the bills in front of the State Legislature and some actions steps you can take:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...MbXxvmaYhRziMU
    Thanks for this, this is helpful for those of us not from NC and don't have our ear to the ground on NC politics

Banhammer'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    You'd rather lose, whine and blame others alone than join with those who are on your side and win.

You'd rather lose, whine and blame others alone than join with those who are on your side and win.
    Yeah your generation has such a great track record of winning, I'm so foolish not to want to join.

Sorry, everyone. I did exactly what I said I wouldn't do. Back to another 6-month Tunnels break.

Banhammer'd
    Disagreeing with you gets a ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    Sorry, everyone. I did exactly what I said I wouldn't do. Back to another 6-month Tunnels break.
    Disagreeing with you gets a ban?

It's not all about you, rj. he's talking about himself

Banhammer'd
    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    It's not all about you, rj. he's talking about himself
    How would I know that? I don't keep track of who goes where. AND I did just get off a "six month break".

How would I know that?
    Social awareness?

Banhammer'd

How would I know that? I don't keep track of who goes where. AND I did just get off a "six month break".
    I can think of three options in scenarios like this, rj, but perhaps there are more:

1) read more carefully
    2) ask the other person to clarify an ambiguous statement
    3) acknowledge that you were wrong when you're wrong

4) stop making every thread all about RJ