• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

Let me see, were millennials thrown in jail trying to fight for civil rights? Killed for fighting for voting rights? Killed in Vietnam? Who created things like Earth Day and the environmental movement? When did the women's movement get really going? When did the gay rights movement start and by whom?

When Boomers got power, we got it by taking it from the people before us. For at least the last fifteen years, I've been begging you guys to take your turn at power. Rather than putting yourselves at risk or on the line, you whine and bitch about Boomers. Unlike every generation before it, millennials would rather blame than do.

You have more power and ability to organize and put your cases forward than we ever dreamed possible, but you'd rather cry than do.

It's your world TAKE IT. Don't whine and cry about how mean others are.

By the way, there's another huge difference between Zs and millennials versus Boomers. If we found allies in our causes, we didn't attack them and drive them away. We welcomed help from those who supported our causes. You spit on them and then blame them for not doing enough for you.

RJ with a spot on post. Good job. Go Boomers!!!

My two cents is that despite the fear (more like terror) we had as 60's kids of disappointing our parents and they disowning us (which many of us experienced) we rebelled, protested, stood up to injustice, grew our hair, etc. and said piss on it. Hard to explain but it was very liberating and well timed.
Today the young either seem to shy away from the day's challenges or just don't care.
Safe is no way to grow up.

Last edited:

My two cents is that despite the fear (more like terror) we had as 60's kids of disappointing our parents and they disowning us (which many of us experienced) we rebelled, protested, stood up to injustice, grew our hair, etc. and said piss on it. Hard to explain but it was very liberating and well timed.
Today the young either seem to shy away from the day's challenges or just don't care. Safe is no way to grow up.

"the young" spent all summer marching against police brutality and getting tear-gassed for their trouble. What was your response to their actions taking on the day's challenges?

"the young" spent all summer marching against police brutality and getting tear-gassed for their trouble. What was your response to their actions taking on the day's challenges?

I fully supported them. They need to keep going and growing.

With all the technology available, they should be able to organize and act on a consistent and constant basis. You can't stop when marches stop.

This.

A lot of work was done in the 60s/70s AND a lot of work is being done my millennials now. It's an incredibly active generation.

Today the young either seem to shy away from the day's challenges or just don't care. Safe is no way to grow up.

This is hella dumb.

I'm out of the loop on NC politics and don't feel like googling - is there potentially enough partisan support for that to pass through the state legislature?

So, on the call with equality NC/ACLU last night, I was expecting a "here's the issue, but we don't expect it to be passed." That was not the message. It was more of "now is the time for strong advocacy." The GOP can pass the bill on their own and send it to the Gov's desk. It is expected that Cooper will veto, but from the call, there is concern and need for as many people to speak up and especially tell personal stories to the more rural Dem state senators/reps. There is some real fear that a few more rural dems might vote to pass this.

The NC BS could backfire. It could unite people around the country to be stronger, louder and grow the power.

Here's a bigger question - Could the racist GA voting law and the attempted, NC bigoted law be the beginning of a small groundswell to rise up against the ignorant Trump base? For this to happen disparate groups would need to come together to act on each other's behalves not just for themselves.

Last edited:
Those 60s kids benefited from New Deal progressive policies, rebelled against going to war then fell right in line with Reaganomics as adults and had no problem expanding the military industrial complex to send people to war.

And let’s be real. A very small percentage of white boomers gave a fuck about civil rights, women’s rights, and gay rights. They were getting theirs the whole time. They just didn’t want to go to Vietnam.

This is so typical from you. You rant and rave, hurl invectives, then run away.

Yet you feel the need to attack an entire generation, many of whom are on your side and have been actively working on that side for decades. Rather thanking them or realizing you are building on the base that was created by others, you continually spit the faces of your allies.

giphy.gif

You'd rather lose, whine and blame others alone than join with those who are on your side and win.

Yeah your generation has such a great track record of winning, I'm so foolish not to want to join.

giphy.gif

Sorry, everyone. I did exactly what I said I wouldn't do. Back to another 6-month Tunnels break.

Disagreeing with you gets a ban?

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

How would I know that? I don't keep track of who goes where. AND I did just get off a "six month break".
I can think of three options in scenarios like this, rj, but perhaps there are more:

1) read more carefully
2) ask the other person to clarify an ambiguous statement
3) acknowledge that you were wrong when you're wrong

Back