• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

I would LOVE the ability to make statements without others saying every statement I make is about me no matter how innocuous what I post is. Regardless of what you think, I DON'T want to be the center of attention and never have. It's the LAST thing I want here.

If I say, "The sky is blue". Someone will say, "stop making the thread about you." You have no idea how much I wish it wasn't this way.

09, I admit when I'm wrong many times. It's a lie and a myth to say I don't.

I don't want to make posts like this, but I'm not given a choice.

I had no idea he had been away from the Tunnels, but I had. I was wrong.

Why can't you admit that you could have worded your first post differently to make it far less confrontational?

Honestly, RJ not noticing that I hadn't posted on the Tunnels since like November hurts way more than anything else. I guess I didn't matter at all on this board lol.

Honestly, RJ not noticing that I hadn't posted on the Tunnels since like November hurts way more than anything else. I guess I didn't matter at all on this board lol.

It's not you. I was in board jail in Nov/Dec. I was keeping my head down. :)

The sad thing about Gen X is that because Boomers have refused to relinquish their stranglehold on American society and honor the time-tested tradition of trying to make America better and pass it on to the next generation (not claiming successful, just that that's the ideal), Gen X has still never had its shot to take the wheel and try to steer the boat. That has led to Gen X'ers either trying to join Boomers and fuck over younger generations (see also your points about nostalgia for the 70s/80s) or join the millennials, Gen Y and Gen Z generations and try to wrest control from Boomers.

I don't think the "get off my lawn" stage of life is an inevitability, I just think most Boomers never had a hard day in their life so lack the empathy or ability to understand real trials and tribulations of younger generations, they just think we are all ungrateful moaners. So when something that definitely wasn't a common knowledge thing in their youth is now all of a sudden center stage (trans rights), there is no frame of reference they can look to to understand why it's important, why the struggles are so real and harsh for that subset of people, and why they are being yelled at for being dicks about it (trying to bring it all back around).

All that being said, fuck boomers, go fuck off and let Gen X have a try, they are the Prince Charles of America with only half the blatant racism and adultery.

I can't speak for all Gen X, but as an older Gen X'er (born in 68) I can say that I really don't give a shit. Probably our strongest characteristic as a generation is that, compared to the Boomers and the Millennials, we just don't give a shit. Boomers and Millennials seem to have very strong, very hyperbolic opinions on things. Gen X is pretty meh. So I personally don't see Gen X as trying to join Boomers or join the younger ones.

Ive been gone a while too and just noticed some nutbag is going by WokeandBroke. Is that that crossfit guy?

[h=2]Laws banning transgender student athletes splinter GOP[/h] States are considering an unprecedented number of bills targeting transgender women and girls who play sports, but Republican support for the measures is not universal.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/06/transgender-athlete-laws-gop-484799

Basically an overview of states where the Republican governor was hesitant to sign on to anti-trans bills. I did find this tidbit interesting.

Supporters of the legislative push to restrict teams based on sex often point to a highly charged legal battle in Connecticut, where three high school runners sued the state last year for allowing transgender athletes to compete based on their gender identity. The student athletes argued they were denied titles and athletic opportunities as a result, though one of the runners subsequently clinched a state title and two now run for college teams.

From the second link:

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — A runner who is suing to stop transgender athletes from participating in girls track in Connecticut won a head-to-head race for the second time against her transgender opponent.
Chelsea Mitchell, of Canton High School, beat Terry Miller, of Bloomfield High School, in the 55-meter dash Saturday at the Connecticut State Open indoor track meet. Mitchell also beat Miller last week in the State Class S championship race.
These are the first races in the seniors’ high school careers that Miller has lost to Mitchell.
Mitchell won Saturday with a time of 7.15 seconds. Kedarjah Lewis, of Haddam-Killingworth High School, came in second at 7.31 seconds and Miller placed third in 7.37 seconds.

This is Becky with the Bad Grades all over again making a court case out of legitimately getting beat in a fair competition.

First trans athlete to compete at the Olympics:

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/21/1008...e-first-openly-trans-competitor-at-the-olympi

The thing I'm most surprised about is that the first Olympic trans athlete is a trans woman. Never would've predicted that.

giphy.webp

trans people are evil and abhorrent ! very scary !! insurrectionist patriots were just out for a little stroll during a BLM BLOODBAAAAAATH !!!

The IOC set the requirements for transgender athletes to participate in 2003. It took 18 years before someone was able to qualify. So maybe transgender women taking over women's sports isn't a very big deal.

The IOC set the requirements for transgender athletes to participate in 2003. It took 18 years before someone was able to qualify. So maybe transgender women taking over women's sports isn't a very big deal.

I’m pretty sure Biden (Kamala’s puppet) and the radical left forced an affirmative action quota on transgender athletes for the Olympics. Just wait for many more to be named and dominate the women’s events.

Back