• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

“In addition to Hubbard, at least three other transgender and/or nonbinary athletes were — or still are — in Tokyo: Canadian soccer star Quinn, American skateboarder Alana Smith and American BMX Freestyle rider Chelsea Wolfe. While Smith failed to win a medal and Wolfe, an alternate, did not compete, Quinn — who uses they/them pronouns and goes by one name — is guaranteed to win a medal after Canada’s upset win over the U.S. Women’s National Team in Monday’s semifinals.”

I assure you there is a woman New Zealand weight lifter that would like to have been at olympics that feels very unfair.

I assure you there is a woman New Zealand weight lifter that would like to have been at olympics that feels very unfair.

Well she should have beaten Hubbard like all these other women did. Otherwise, she’s just a sore loser.

Dude, in every single sport, in every single country, there is someone who thinks it is unfair they didn't get selected to go to the Olympics.

https://people.com/sports/upenn-swi...ransgender-continues-to-break-womens-records/

Even the most, shall I say “understanding” of you can’t be ok with this, can you? Doesn’t seem like her teammates are.
One year of suppression treatment and two years previously in the Program as a male seems light for a requirement for participation.

where in the article did any of her teammates make a comment? I read it and can't make an inference either way bc the only person quoted is Lia Thomas. Also, Lua swam on the men's team for 3 years according to the article.

I don't know enough about collegiate swimming but are there limits for various hormones like testosterone or other performance enhancing compounds?

Back