• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

Did you ever answer whether you thought intentionally misgendering someone was a form of harassment?

And there we go again, for at least the second time in this thread. “You disagree with me so you are prejudiced.” I’m beginning to think this is the only real argument liberals have in their quiver.

prej·u·dice
/ˈprejədəs/

noun
preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pre...2j0i131i433.4024j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I've taken away your “Binary sexual dimorphism" reason so what other reason or experience are you basing these opinions on?

Last edited:
You guys claim to be the party of tolerance, yet you’re so intolerant of his sincerely held beliefs. Makes you wonder

You guys claim to be the party of tolerance, yet you’re so intolerant of his sincerely held beliefs. Makes you wonder

Sounds like, "you can't claim tolerance if you don't tolerate white supremacists".

You, as usual, are really focusing in on the important parts of the discussion. I learned in Middle school that Galileo was excommunicated and Copernicus recanted, so I guess it's time to update my model. Obligatory, 'my point still stands.'

It's a start. Nevertheless, you should be aware that in this case, we were talking about facts, not models. Your next step should be understanding the difference, which would really improve your thinking. Don't mention it.

It's a start. Nevertheless, you should be aware that in this case, we were talking about facts, not models. Your next step should be understanding the difference, which would really improve your thinking. Don't mention it.

Something tells me you have no idea what we are talking about in this thread.

the things that bother conservatives are so weird. i don't understand brains that work like that.

arguably not really their brains and just the media environment they surround themselves with

goes for a lot of us really

the things that bother conservatives are so weird. i don't understand brains that work like that.

04a14a22a48d25867568d59d1020df27.jpg

School district in Texas makes counselors available to kids because their teacher read a book about a trans kid to them.

https://www.today.com/parents/texas-school-apologizes-book-about-transgender-child-t211557

Several parents wrote letters complaining to Forest Trail Elementary, with some calling for the teacher to be fired. In response, Eanes Independent School District's chief learning officer, Susan Fambrough, explained in an email to parents that "Call Me Max" had been included on a list of diverse books circulated among teachers but was "not appropriate to be read aloud to an entire elementary-age class."

"Counselors were made available to support students, and the school administration worked with families to provide an explanation and reassurances," she wrote.

Lol, I'm comfortable with a rule that is accurate for 99.98% percent of the population. The fact that chromosomal sex is inconsistent with phenotypic sex or phenotype is not classifiable as either male or female in only .02% of the population proves the rule, just like the fact that a small percentage of kids are born with more or less than 10 fingers and toes doesn't mean that is incorrect to say "human beings have 10 fingers and 10 toes." There is a rule, and then there are a small number of exceptions to it. That does not make it a continuum.

...but we're not telling kids who only have 9 fingers or kids who have 11 fingers that they can't play with kids who have 10 fingers. So, ok. You can hold on to your precious model if you're talking about broadly applicable statements about biological characteristics of humans. You are factually correct in saying "most humans are cisgender." But when you start making rules about what people can and cannot do and those rules rely upon a cisgender identity, you're going to exclude people and that's not ok. Here we are today. Just because we've historically built society to fit the majority does not mean that's the most appropriate way to continue moving forward. ESPECIALLY once we realize the detrimental effect our rules have on those that don't fit their rigidity.

Geeze. I swear, just last night I had to get on my stepkids' case about apologizing... when you realize you did something that has hurt someone else -whether you meant to or not - you apologize and you fix it. As a society we're realizing more and more that so many of our rules have been hurting folks for decades. If you've not been hurt by the rule, time for you to apologize (or at the very least recognize its hurtfulness) and figure out how we can do better for everyone.

You prejudiced turds are grown adults. Why is this so hard to understand? Zero aspects of your life are being impacted here and you are arguing like somehow YOU are now going to be harmed by changing the rules. You are exhausting.

arguably not really their brains and just the media environment they surround themselves with

goes for a lot of us really

It’s a special kind of brain rot that all of a sudden turns people all over the country into experts on Connecticut girls’ track and field to justify their hate.

Don't forget. "Conservatives" are rarely consistent with their thinking when it comes to finding ways to justify their beliefs, snowflake feelings, inferiority or persecution complexes, and owning the libs.

"Cuomo has multiple allegations of inappropriate behavior with women. He should resign."

Now do trump.

"25 women accusing him of sexual assault? Thats political. Also, who cares? They should have been at home cooking dinner."

Don't forget. "Conservatives" are rarely consistent with their thinking when it comes to finding ways to justify their beliefs, snowflake feelings, inferiority or persecution complexes, and owning the libs.

"Cuomo has multiple allegations of inappropriate behavior with women. He should resign."

Now do trump.

"25 women accusing him of sexual assault? Thats political. Also, who cares? They should have been at home cooking dinner."
Cuomo shouldn’t resign over sexual assault allegations, he should resign because he covered up nursing home deaths. The fact that we care more about him hitting on chicks at the office than bad policies that lead to 16,000 deaths and the subsequent follow up is fucking mind boggling. It’s also what sucks about cancel culture.

Cuomo is facing two separate situations that show he is a big time asshole. He should absolutely resign for the "mis-count" in nursing homes.

The entire post you quoted was an example illustrating the hypocritical behavior or conservatives which is a different issue.

It is also possible his behavior towards women should disqualify him from holding office. I have not actually read much about those details.

prej·u·dice
/ˈprejədəs/

noun
preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pre...2j0i131i433.4024j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I've taken away your “Binary sexual dimorphism" reason so what other reason or experience are you basing these opinions on?

You don't seem to realize the implication of your admission that, in the end, your position is the result of a value judgment. The fact remains that 99.98% percent of humans are clearly male or female, and, as you admit, the only reason you conclude that sex is a continuum is because you think concluding otherwise will hurt the feelings of the .02%. That's certainly your prerogative, but I think that in any other setting, you would conclude that a 99.98% incidence rate of two binary outcomes is close enough to call the system binary.

Also, I know I've posted this before, but I was a biology major at Wake. I haven't thought about it in a while, but I'm familiar enough with the terms and concepts that you can skip the pedantry.

I think everyone on this thread should take three minutes and twenty seven seconds to watch this video

Hell, I think everyone in the world should take three minutes and twenty seven seconds to watch this video

Back