• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

He's more concerned about a girl finishing in second place than a child getting killed by police. #conservativepriorities

I'm more concerned about the biological female who doesn't make the team because a biological male took her place or the opposing team that loses to his daughter's team because she hit puberty and turned into a 6 foot 6 shit brickhouse.

No one believes you are actually concerned about this.

For a topic that had so much early ambivalence, surprised the conversation has continued this long.

When we’ve asked you a similar question about putting yourselves in the shoes of a parent whose child was killed by the police, wasn’t your response something like “meh, it doesn’t concern me because it doesn’t happen that often.”

No. What I said was that parents should talk with their children about not doing things that could give the police justifiable cause to shoot them.

No. What I said was that parents should talk with their children about not doing things that could give the police justifiable cause to shoot them.

A) This is a super shitty take. Cops should only be shooting in an absolutely life threatening situation, and that is not what is happening.

B). You still haven't addressed the images of the Mission College basketball team.

C). Why is success in youth sports so sacred? Isn't the point of youth sports to have fun, get exercise, and learn life lessons? Even if you think it is unfair for a trans person to compete, isn't that still a valuable life lesson that sometimes you can try your best and sometimes things are out of your control?

Turns out killing people in multiple Asian spas is not going things that could give the police justifiable cause to shoot them.

Yes. Hard cases make bad law.

I feel for his daughter, but I'm more concerned about the biological female who doesn't make the team because a biological male took her place or the opposing team that loses to his daughter's team because she hit puberty and turned into a 6 foot 6 shit brickhouse. We have separate women's sports for a reason--if we had open athletics only a very small number of women would be capable of competing with men--and allowing biological males to compete against biological females undermines that purpose. Even if the number of trans girls playing women's sports is relatively small, put yourself in the shoes of a father who has to console his biological female daughter who finished second in states to a biological male whose coach told her to slow down so she didn't win by so much. That's just not fair or right.

I know the rejoinder will be "something something Usain Bolt" but allowing biological males to compete against biological females is vastly different from Usain Bolt smoking the competition. Men's sports are open, and we marvel when people are so gifted they dominate the best in the world, but the very existence of women's sports is predicated on them being limited. In most sports, average men dominate even the best women. Allowing biological males to compete against biological females has the potential to make a mockery of the very concept of women's sports, and think we should be more concerned about protecting the integrity of women's sports--not to mention the women who play them--than allowing biological males--who could play on men's teams (if they are good enough)--compete against biological females.

Thanks for referring to Mr. Boulware's child as his daughter. Based on our discussion, we have a different understanding of bring trans, and despite those differences, I appreciate that you aren't misgendering this kid in our discussions.

I want to push back on how we are differently valuing the negative affects of a trans girl being denied the opportunity to be on a girls team v. a girl not making the team. While disappointing in the latter case, the harm to the former leads to the increased instances of suicide. It also seems that it continues the practice of not affirming the rights (probably the wrong word #NotaLawyer, maybe humanity or space in society) of a marginalized group for the comfort of the majority.

In many of these situations, puberty blockers or hormone therapy would mitigate the physical disparity between cis- and transgender teens. I think many of the considerations concerning competing in high school sports require blockers or hormone therapy to be eligible (I may be wrong about that). Regardless, the situation that many teens may face is a state law that prohibits puberty blockers or hormone therapy in kids/adolescents yet also bans then from competing. In these cases, I tend to believe that the concern is not the sanctity of competition, but legislation targeting the legitimacy of trans people's existence.

When was the last time a kid that came in second committed suicide? How about a trans kid that keeps getting bullied in school by kids that spent Sunday in church with parents that are fighting and voting to not help that trans kid?

I feel for his daughter, but I'm more concerned about the biological female who doesn't make the team because a biological male took her place or the opposing team that loses to his daughter's team because she hit puberty and turned into a 6 foot 6 shit brickhouse.

here's the good conservative, always looking out for the haves at the expense of the have nots

When was the last time a kid that came in second committed suicide? How about a trans kid that keeps getting bullied in school by kids that spent Sunday in church with parents that are fighting and voting to not help that trans kid?

BINGO!!!

Yes. Hard cases make bad law.

I feel for his daughter, but I'm more concerned about the biological female who doesn't make the team because a biological male took her place or the opposing team that loses to his daughter's team because she hit puberty and turned into a 6 foot 6 shit brickhouse. We have separate women's sports for a reason--if we had open athletics only a very small number of women would be capable of competing with men--and allowing biological males to compete against biological females undermines that purpose. Even if the number of trans girls playing women's sports is relatively small, put yourself in the shoes of a father who has to console his biological female daughter who finished second in states to a biological male whose coach told her to slow down so she didn't win by so much. That's just not fair or right.

Well this whole paragraph is fucked up.

I have two daughters. Should the day come where they lose a roster spot or a competition to a trans individual I guess I’ll suck it up and be a fucking parent and teach them to get over it.

Actually my kids won’t care about who they lost to at all because up to that point they’ll have been taught to love everyone and that trans is normal. They’ll just be sad about losing.

Change a few words here and there in junebugs posts and they’d be right at home 100, 50 and 25 years ago attempting to deny equal rights to other minority groups.

Well this whole paragraph is fucked up.

I have two daughters. Should the day come where they lose a roster spot or a competition to a trans individual I guess I’ll suck it up and be a fucking parent and teach them to get over it.

Actually my kids won’t care about who they lost to at all because up to that point they’ll have been taught to love everyone and that trans is normal. They’ll just be sad about losing.

Plus, it is never too early to teach your daughters the valuable life lesson of constantly losing out to a person with a dick, right? Might as well set that tone from the start. That ceiling may be transparent, but it is still there.

Plus, it is never too early to teach your daughters the valuable life lesson of constantly losing out to a person with a dick, right? Might as well set that tone from the start. That ceiling may be transparent, but it is still there.

sounds like some serious penis envy for 2&2.

Hilarious trolling, but I don’t think anyone respects you enough to get too worked up.

When should you teach kids the lesson that once someone passes away, their social media/message board presence should cease?

Back