• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

So that policy just targets trans kids not all students who want to be called a different name?

Seems discriminatory.

I’m just gonna refer to every one of my students as “hey, buddy”

Our legal guidance this year is to refer to our students by the name on the official class roster unless our admin has parental permission to refer to them by a different name in situations regarding transgender students.

My grandson won't even recognize his given name. You want his attention, you better call him Tripp.

It’s weird to see folks who were such champions of protecting women’s sports get defensive about comparing Caitlin Clark’s achievements to players like Pete Maravich. Almost like none of this was ever about protecting and elevating women playing sports.

It’s weird to see folks who were such champions of protecting women’s sports get defensive about comparing Caitlin Clark’s achievements to players like Pete Maravich. Almost like none of this was ever about protecting and elevating women playing sports.

The older I get I see breaking records as a nice way to remember the greatness of those who came before. It’s good to see Clark’s greatness shine light on players like Pistol Pete that her fans may not have heard of. Somewhere out there, there’s a little girl in Iowa watching Pistol Pete videos and that’s great for everyone.

Yeah, all the 9-year old girls are watching Pete Maravich and their parents are like, "Who the fuck is that ?"

well I mean are you really gonna let some girl break the record of a guy named after a gun

And in a conference that wasn't even fully integrated!

Who's Pete Maravick?
Pete "Maverick" Mitchell?

Top-Gun-Maverick.jpg

Back