• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Really ? Georgia played Alabama last year, Florida didn’t. If Georgia had played Ole Miss instead, they would have won the SEC East, even with a loss to Florida. Not equal.

UNC-CH made a NY6 bowl last year with three losses but didn't even play Clemson.

Yeah, some element of this of course. Why I've been loathe to make conference championships the end-all, be-all as they were at times under this system. Think giving the winners of those byes is just about the best solve considering all factors

Agreed. I’d go with a 10 team playoff and give the top 6 conference champs a bye and let the other four play into the quarterfinals.

Agreed. I’d go with a 10 team playoff and give the top 6 conference champs a bye and let the other four play into the quarterfinals.

Yeah ! Oregon finished #25 and won the PAC 12 and definitely deserved a bye last year. Granted, it was an odd year but there’s no reason to reward a team for winning a shit conference.

Yeah ! Oregon finished #25 and won the PAC 12 and definitely deserved a bye last year. Granted, it was an odd year but there’s no reason to reward a team for winning a shit conference.

Oregon wasn’t a top 6 conference champ.

Mountain West #1 verus the PAC 12 #5 !

Mark Richt announces that he has Parkinson’s Disease and will someday be in heaven.

Interesting perspective on reloading with talent in the transfer portal age. Out of 127 teams, Clemson, Georgia, Alabama, Notre Dame, and Ohio State all over 100 in returning production. Oklahoma at #73, Wake at #28.

On the downside, Tennessee is #116 and Duke is #120. Duke is going to be awful. This may be the last year of the Cutcliffe fascination.

Only two programs below 50% between early entrants, graduates, and transfers. Only 27 below 70%. Seems like the transfer epidemic is over blown.

Gotta keep in mind that everyone gets an extra year of eligibility too.

Back