• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

I guess he’ll settle for a 3-9 typical Duke season that shows nothing has changed.

I'm sure K has already been in his ear to keep that retirement shit under wraps until after the season is over. No room for anyone else on this farewell tour.

Georgia seems like the best value here. Miami maybe worth a sprinkle as a long shot.

Also receiving votes: UTAH 145; NW 120; ASU 90; AUB 84; LIB 68; BYU 53; TCU 48; MICH 30; UCF 29; NCST 27; BSU 27; UK 20; SJSU 18; ARMY 13; VT 9; MIZZ 8; UCLA 7; TLSA 6; PITT 6; BC 6; HOU 5; BALL 5; WVU 4; SMU 4; APP 4; UAB 3; ARK 3; NEV 2; MSST 2; AF 2; STAN/MRSH/FSU/CAL 1

Three ACC teams in the Top 25. Five more received votes. None for Wake.

biff how did you feel about UGA being in its own tier at the top of all-time underachieving NCAAF programs per espn?

Georgia seems like the best value here. Miami maybe worth a sprinkle as a long shot.

Give me OU at 5-1.

Fade Clemson & UGA.

Two years ago, I remember Biff posting that only 5-6 teams had a chance at winning the national championship and then LSU (not on his list) put together one of the best seasons ever.

I bring that up because when I look at this years odds/rankings, I think "Sure feels like only 4 of those teams have a shot at the national championship this year." Not because those 4 teams are great, but because every team below those 4 seems to have limited upside.

Give me OU to win it all... Largely because I think they have the best QB (who actually has some experience).

I also like OU, and a lot of national pundits have been on them. It would be very surprising for them to lose a game this year in the Big XII. Their defense should be just good enough to get stops when needed. Alabama, Clemson, tOSU, and TAMU are all breaking in new quarterbacks this season, but they'll all be seasoned vets by the time for their conference championships.

Georgia is a little thin in the secondary which I think will hurt them in a crucial moment this year. They're also without George Pickens at WR for the season, which really sucks because he was going to be a force this year.

Yeah, I didn't see Joe Burrow coming and neither did you, but I appreciate you cataloging my posts for later reference.

Yeah, I didn't see Joe Burrow coming and neither did you, but I appreciate you cataloging my posts for later reference.

I’ve highlighted that post on numerous occasions because it was so ridiculous.

Had nothing to do with not seeing Joe Burrow coming. Had more to do with you thinking you know everything about college football and shitting on everyone else’s opinions.

But I know that’s your shtick, so I can’t hate. I enjoy the passion.

We've seen OU against the SEC before. Hasn't gone well. And I am not an Alex Grinch believer whatsoever at DC, despite the prevailing thinking OU's defense is improving. Grinch co-authored (with noted good coach, Greg Schiano) the worst defense in tOSU history in his one year there.

With the Heels playing an Irish team that only returns about 9 starters and no QB [very highly overrated starting out at #7 in my book based on this plus their schedule that features games @ Wiscy, vs a tough Cincy team, USC & Stanford plus @ UVa.] and other only tough Coastal opponent, Miami is at home, I can foresee a possible 11 win regular season for UNC. 17 starters returning including the entire O-line and Heisman hopeful QB Sam Howell. Their preseason hype is not overdone!

With the Heels playing an Irish team that only returns about 9 starters and no QB [very highly overrated starting out at #7 in my book based on this plus their schedule that features games @ Wiscy, vs a tough Cincy team, USC & Stanford plus @ UVa.] and other only tough Coastal opponent, Miami is at home, I can foresee a possible 11 win regular season for UNC. 17 starters returning including the entire O-line and Heisman hopeful QB Sam Howell. Their preseason hype is not overdone!

They lost their top 2 RBs, top 2 WRs, and defensive captain on an already shitty defense. I think their ranking is reasonable, but won't be surprised at all if they go 8-4.

They lost their top 2 RBs, top 2 WRs, and defensive captain on an already shitty defense. I think their ranking is reasonable, but won't be surprised at all if they go 8-4.

Agree. Think UNC is overhyped this year. They lost a lot of offensive playmakers, and their defense was trash last year. Even though Notre Dame lost more starters that program has a ton more roster depth than UNC does. Also, while the Coastal lacks an elite team like Clemson, all of the teams on that side are at competitive, except for Duke. UNC doesn't have the kind of talent to win all of those competitive games. UNC will lose a couple to the group of VT, UVA, Miami, Pitt, GT or State (their cross over opponent).

I like how you threw UVA in there like anyone gives a flying fuck.

ND plays UNC and USC, with both coming off a bye. They have a brutal 5-week stretch from the end of September through October that also includes Cincinnati, Wisconsin, VT and that will make or break their season. ND is also replacing a lot this year.

Back