Page 13 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Yeah. South Carolina has a poor football program. That's nothing new.

Message Board Genius

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    i don't think that's what underbelly means
    It's the soft vulnerable part of SEC football that is often ignored, except of course October 12, 2019, when the soft underbelly beat up on UGA. That was fun.

Message Board Genius

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Scott Frost Begins Farewell Tour !!!!

Interview with the first player recruited to Bishop Sycamore when it was Christians of Faith. Real sad and crazy story.

http://www.complex.com/sports/bishop...yer-interview/

I heard that people have been writing stories but why did it take so long to blow up? Why didnít you say something?†
    Everybody that knows me, already knows this. Itís just the fact now itís on a greater scale, I have to say something. I got friends to this day thatís way older than me. Mind you, when I was there, I was 15óeverybody else there was 19 and 20. I was the first person to ever get recruited for this school.†

What did yíall do for education?†
    We didnít go to school. We never went to school. I canít lie, they tried once. They took us to a community library. One day. It was already Octoberóthe season was about to be over. It was like at this point, ďWell, shit, Iím not going to school. Yíall havenít put me through school this whole time.Ē

Ö

So why didnít you just bounce?†
    I left after my junior year. I went back to high school.†

Is that what happened for most people?†
    Most people were already out of high school so it didnít really affect them. I know me and this other kid ended up at rival high schools. That shit ruined a lot of shit. Itís sad to see. I wouldnít say all they players are JUCO. I know some kids that are seniors in high school and now their senior year is gone. Thatís how it was for me. My junior year was taken away from me. Everything I did my junior year didnít matter because I was on a fraudulent team.†

Did you have to redo your classes when you got back to school?
    Bruh, I had to come back and redo my whole junior year and I had to do it in time so I could play football my senior year.†

Message Board Genius
    Metro Charlotteans should download this background for their phones so they don't miss anything.

Last edited by BiffTannen; 09-01-2021 at 09:06 AM.

Message Board Genius
    I don't know who Ingrid Andress is, but she's going to be singing outside the stadium at 7:00 on Friday.

resize the pic you ass

Message Board Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    resize the pic you ass
    Nah, people's phones just keep getting bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    I don't know who Ingrid Andress is, but she's going to be singing outside the stadium at 7:00 on Friday.

Change the "A" in her name to a "U" and I might be interested in seeing the video of her "performance".

Tom Herman is the purported favorite to replace Scott Frost at Nebraska.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    So will Nebraska bite the bullet on the reported $15 million buyout or is it smaller than that?

Message Board Genius
    That makes . . . . . . . . no sense.

I mean why not after his great success at Texas.
    boorish ruffian

It makes only some sense for Nebraska to choose him, but even less for him to go there. I guess any port in a storm though.

LOL. They need to just ride this thing out and save their money.

Even though Jimbo Fisher had six years remaining on his 10-year $75 million contract, Texas A&M has issued a contract extension which now pays Fisher $90 million through the 2030 season. IOW, Jimbo will make $9+ million per season. Only Nick Saban, who makes $10.6 million per season is paid more per year: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...re-9m-annually

Message Board Genius
    Jimbo, Saban, Dabo, and Coach O are the only active coaches who have won a national championship.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    I'd rather have Frost over Herman. And I don't see the urgency to make that change, given the $$$ involved.

But yeah, that loss to Illinois is not going to help Frost build any kind of momentum this year.

Message Board Genius
    Big fucking games this week. Especially big for Week One. None of this weak sauce easing into the season scheduling.

Thursday Games:

Boise at UCF -5, 68.5: Both G5 teams with new coaches as their leaders took jobs in the SEC.

USF at NC State -18.5, 58.5: Meh

ECU v. App State (Charlotte) -10, 56.5: Gotta take App, right ?

tOSU (4) at Minnesota +14, 64.5: too many weapons for Ohio State, even if they're breaking in a new qb

Friday Games:

UNC-CH (10) at Va Tech +5.5, 64.5: UNC-Ch is replacing almost all of its skill players and Surratt. Va Tech at home but I don't know how they score enough to keep up with Howell and company. A UNC-CH win and they'll be in the Top 10 in the polls and in the drivers seat in the Coastal all year.

Duke at Charlotte +6.5, 57.5: if Duke is going to get to four wins this year, this is a must win on the road

Saturday Games:

Penn State (19) at Wisconsin (12) -5.5, 50: PSU has won 4 straight against the Badgers

Louisiana (23) at Texas (21) -8, 58: Louisiana beat ISU last year. Danger in Sark's first game.

LSU (16) at UCLA +4, 68: UCLA dominated against Hawaii to open Chip Kelly's fourth season. LSU has lots of questions marks after last season. Max Johnson starts at QB for LSU (Chad's son). LSU DL v. UCLA is a big battle.

Alabama (1) v. Miami (14) (Atlanta) +19, 61.5: Maybe Miami can make it interesting against Bryce Young.

Georgia (5) v. Clemson (3) (Charlotte) -3, 51.5: Major playoff implications. If Clemson loses, does winning the ACC warrant a playoff invitation if Cincinnati, tOSU, OU, Georgia, and Alabama are in the mix ? Dawgs thin at WR.

Indiana (17) at Iowa (18) -3.5, 45: IU's first preseason ranking since 1969. How long will it last ?

Sunday Game:

Notre Dame (11) at Florida State +7.5, 56: New QBs for both, but FSU's has a lot of experience. FSU plays five ranked teams this season.
    Last edited by BiffTannen; 09-01-2021 at 03:26 PM.