• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Baylor gets a slap on the wrist. Just some visit reductions for the 21-22 football recruiting class, a $5,000 fine ans probation. Reason: non-reporting sexual assault was a campus wide thing so not "impermissible benefit" for athletes. When and where did we hear the "it's campus wide" excuse before? A football staff flunky got a show cause order.

ND plays UNC and USC, with both coming off a bye. They have a brutal 5-week stretch from the end of September through October that also includes Cincinnati, Wisconsin, VT and that will make or break their season. ND is also replacing a lot this year.

The big issue for ND imo is that Jack Coan, the Wisconsin transfer, is a very ordinary QB. It's tough to win big with a game manager at QB and that's what Coan is at his best. ND has a good O-line, excellent RBs and TEs and will be solid in all areas, but I just don't think you can win high level games without an advanced passing game.

The big issue for ND imo is that Jack Coan, the Wisconsin transfer, is a very ordinary QB. It's tough to win big with a game manager at QB and that's what Coan is at his best. ND has a good O-line, excellent RBs and TEs and will be solid in all areas, but I just don't think you can win high level games without an advanced passing game.

Whatever happened to the 4 star QB from Richmond that initially committed to WF, but then flipped to ND?

Sure, and myself and others pointed out that they're replacing Ian Book this year. But even Book would have difficulty against those five opponents in five weeks, with USC and UNC-CH having a bye week ahead of their games. Luckily, three of those games are at home and the Wisconsin game is at Soldier Field.

Whatever happened to the 4 star QB from Richmond that initially committed to WF, but then flipped to ND?

I remembered this but had to look it up - Brendon Clark. Still on the roster, has only gotten on the field sparingly in his first two seasons.

Edited to add: he is unofficially fourth on the current depth chart, just ahead of Ron Powlus, III (some of us older folks might remember his Dad at Notre Dame back in the day).

Last edited:
Ron Powlus III gonna win two heismans like his dad

Ron Powlus III gonna win two heismans like his dad

I'm pretty sure that RP III is a walk on. He grew up in South Bend where his dad I think has been the QB coach.

Kansas o/u win line is 1. Lol. I took it, whatever. They play South Dakota week 1 and then get Duke plus all the shitty teams in the Big 12. Worst case, you would think, is a push, but maybe they lose to South Dakota.

Kansas o/u win line is 1. Lol. I took it, whatever. They play South Dakota week 1 and then get Duke plus all the shitty teams in the Big 12. Worst case, you would think, is a push, but maybe they lose to South Dakota.

At first I was like hell no they aren't beating South Dakota State lol. Yes, I think they get by South Dakota and that's it. So like you said, probably playing with house money the last 11 games.

Transfer Portal impact players:

Georgia gets three of the Top Ten, including Arik Gilbert (TE - LSU), Derion Kendrick (CB - Clemson), and Tykee Smith (Nickel/Safety - WVU).

Oklahoma gets two of the Top Ten, both from Tennessee - Eric Gray (RB) and Wayna Moris (OT). Another UT player that OU picked up is Key Lawrence (S). OU also gets a very productive receiver from Arkansas in Mike Woods with 32 catches, 619 yards, and 5 TDs last year in 10 games and has also been an honor roll student.

Alabama gets impact LB Henry To'o To'o from Tennessee.

Biggest losers appear to be Tennessee and Clemson.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...layoff-teams-prove-expansion-talks-necessary/

Happy birthday to Mike Gundy, who turns 54 today.

tenor.gif

Here is the list of teams that can win the 2021 CFP and be crowned as the National Champion:

Alabama
Oklahoma
Georgia

That's it. No one else.

Here is the list of teams that can win the 2021 CFP and be crowned as the National Champion:

Alabama
Oklahoma
Georgia

That's it. No one else.

tOSU def has the talent/coaching to do it, and Vegas gives them 2x better odds than UGA (I think they should be more similar odds). Depends on the QB situation, and if the back 6-7 on the defense can improve back to 2019 level play. Not confident at all in the latter.

Not that anyone cares, but the tOSU QB situation is a complete crapshoot, and potential disaster, especially now that Quinn Ewers reclassified and enrolled early as arguably the best QB prospect since Trevor Lawrence. Three 5 stars and one 4 star, all with freshman eligibility. Will be lucky to hang onto 2 of them. CJ Stroud (2019 Elite 11 MVP) is the presumed starter, but if things don't go well there will be a lot of people clamoring for Ewers, or even the original 2021 5 star Kyle McCord. Similar to the choice Saban/Dabo had to make with Tua & TLaw, but more hectic with 3 guys realistically in play. Worked out pretty well for them.

At QB Georgia only has two 5-stars, a 4-star, and Stetson "The Mailman" Bennett (who has only ever lost to Alabama and Florida).

Back