• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

They don't let you use your smartphone at the Meck Co jail.

GA spurned by 5* recruit Travis Shaw as he verbals to u*NC.

I didn't realize former Wake WR coach Lonnie Galloway ended up at UNC as their WR coach. He apparently helped reel in Shaw. Lame.

Last edited:
I didn't realize former Wake WR coach Lonnie Galloway ended up at UNC as their WR coach. He apparently helped reel in Shaw. Lame.

Mack hired two of the cheater coaches (Galloway and Bateman) onto his first staff in this stint at u*NC.

Mack hired two of the cheater coaches (Galloway and Bateman) onto his first staff in this stint at u*NC.

You posted this as I pretty much verbatim said this exact thing to my u*NC fan "friend" from work. He said something like "Mack won't let them get by with anything suspicious". I wanted to throw up.

He gave me the whole "everyone is cheating" excuse. Even the Deacs apparently.

Cheating hard to get to those 7-5 seasons and a decade if horrendous basketball.

Looking at these games, understand why this is considered "Week Zero" for college football:

Nebraska (-7) at Illinois 1:00pm FOX
UConn at Fresno State (-27.5) 2:00pm CBSSN
Hawaii at UCLA (-18) 3:30pm ESPN
UTEP (-10) at New Mexico State 9:30pm Bally Sports AZ / KVIA / FloFootball
Southern Utah at San Jose State (-24) 10:00pm CBSSN

UCONN is now an independent in football (in the Big East in everything else). So, they struggle to find opponents. The Huskies haven't played since 2019, and are 1-27 against FBS schools since the start of the 2017 season. FWIW, UCONN plays at Clemson later on this season. Ouch.

Looking at these games, understand why this is considered "Week Zero" for college football:

Nebraska (-7) at Illinois 1:00pm FOX
UConn at Fresno State (-27.5) 2:00pm CBSSN
Hawaii at UCLA (-18) 3:30pm ESPN
UTEP (-10) at New Mexico State 9:30pm Bally Sports AZ / KVIA / FloFootball
Southern Utah at San Jose State (-24) 10:00pm CBSSN

Don't sleep on my Rainbow Warriors.

Nebraska dominated the first half and is now down by two touchdowns halfway through the third quarter to Illinois.

OOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSS Scott Frost !!!!!!!!

I have a good friend who is a Nebraska fan. Whenever we hang out during football season, he talks about how bad Nebraska looked in their last game. I haven't watched Nebraska play more than a few plays at a time in years. This is worse than I thought it would be. Their QB's only real skill is running for his life from a nonexistent OL and that skill is extremely useful.

They made a mistake I'm not sure I've ever seen before. They made a 3rd down run close to the marker inside the 10 yard line. They lined up quickly and ran a QB sneak. But they had already gotten the first down.

Last edited:
Nebraska went down 30-9 before losing 30-22. That was awful. Illinois' starting quarterback only played about a quarter before being injured.

UConn should think about ending its football program. They are total garbage with no prospects of becoming relevant and everyone hates them.

Back