• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

I would love to start this season off with UNC and Clemson losses.

I would love to start this season off with UNC and Clemson losses.

UNC game at Va Tech should be a good one. UNC lost both of its running backs (Michael Carter and Javonte Williams) to the draft and brought in a transfer at RB from Tennessee, Ty Chandler. WRs Dyami Brown and Dazz Newsome were also both drafted.

Va Tech should be better at CB this year.

Seems like it's a question of how well the new UNC skill players are integrated into the offense with Sam Howell. If UNC's offense looks good, and I suspect it will, are the Hokies going to be able to match them offensively ?

So Wake, Duke, UNC, State, Charlotte, ECU, and App are all playing Thursday and Friday. Not a single FBS team in the state is playing on Saturday. That is strange.

So Wake, Duke, UNC, State, Charlotte, ECU, and App are all playing Thursday and Friday. Not a single FBS team in the state is playing on Saturday. That is strange.

the whole state can instead focus on a game with a team from the wrong Carolina

Looks like if you want to attend a Division 1 football game in the state of North Carolina on Saturday, you have to go to Elon or Cullowhee. Every other FCS team in the state is on the road except Central who is off after beating Alcorn St last week.

No big deal. Opening weekend is like a multi-day football festival.

FOOTBALL AIR !!!!

No plans to attend Thursday night, but things happen. Going uptown to meet some UGA folks on Friday and going to the game on Saturday. My kids are both going to the beach this weekend so that's good.

FOOTBALL AIR !!!!

This is true. It was hot as balls all August and today it's been rainy, windy, and 77 degrees.

One game tonight, UAB vs. Jacksonville State.
16 games Thursday night
8 games Friday night

This is true. It was hot as balls all August and today it's been rainy, windy, and 77 degrees.

One game tonight, UAB vs. Jacksonville State.
16 games Thursday night
8 games Friday night

I plan on watching football from the moment I get home tomorrow to until I go to bed. Go to our game Friday night, then watch Game day and football all freaking day Saturday!

UNC game at Va Tech should be a good one. UNC lost both of its running backs (Michael Carter and Javonte Williams) to the draft and brought in a transfer at RB from Tennessee, Ty Chandler. WRs Dyami Brown and Dazz Newsome were also both drafted.

Seems like it's a question of how well the new UNC skill players are integrated into the offense with Sam Howell. If UNC's offense looks good, and I suspect it will, are the Hokies going to be able to match them offensively ?

Look for UNC with at least 10 wins to be in the ACC title game against Clemson. Their offense won't be missing a beat. Ty Chandler comes in from UT with 2000 yards rushing and will be behind an awesome O-line. He won't miss a beat. Heels will use last year's surprising losses to FSU & UVa as rallying points for this season and learn from them. Mack has recruited "almost" as well as Dabo the past few years so they just reload.

I’m spending the weekend with a couple who are both VT grads so that would be even better.

My schaudenfreude boner if UNC loses this weekend will go thru the roof.

PH I do think there is a dI game in CLT on Saturday…

UNCC is the only D1 team in Charlotte. They host Duke tomorrow. Same time as our game.

Yes there is an FBS game in CLT Saturday, but the teams aren't from North Carolina. I think his orginal point was all the North Carolina FBS teams are playing tonight or tomorrow night and none are playing Saturday, which is kind of strange.

Back