• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

So apparently a targeting penalty carries over from last year to this year? A season that technically didn't count. That seems like Bullshit.

But the targeting wasn’t hypothetical; it happened and put someone at risk, so why should the punishment be hypothetical.

Tonight's CFB slate:

Temple at Rutgers (-14) l 6:30 pm l Big 10 Network+
Houston Baptist at New Mexico (-24.5) | 8 p.m. | MW Network
Long Island University at FIU (-34.5)| 7 p.m. | ESPN3
Boise State at UCF (-6.5)| 7 p.m. | ESPN
Western Illinois at Ball State (-31) | 7 p.m. | ESPN+
Wagner at Buffalo (-43.5) | 7 p.m. | ESPN3
The Citadel at No. 22 Coastal Carolina (-33)| 7 p.m. | ESPN+
Weber State at No. 24 Utah (-28.5) | 7:30 p.m. | Pac-12 Network
South Florida at NC State (-19) | 7:30 p.m. | ACC Network
East Carolina vs. Appalachian State (-9) (Bank of America Stadium, in Charlotte N.C.)| 7:30 p.m. | ESPNU
UC Davis at Tulsa (-21.5) | 7:30 p.m. | ESPN+
Bowling Green at Tennessee (-35)| 8 p.m. | SEC Network
UT Martin at Western Kentucky (-22)| 8 p.m. | ESPN+
No. 4 Ohio State (-14.5) at Minnesota | 8 p.m. | FOX
Eastern Washington (1.5) at UNLV | 10 p.m. | Stadium
Southern Utah at No. 25 Arizona State (-45)| 10:30 p.m. | Pac-12 Network

BTW, I think Coastal is going to come crashing back to Earth this year.

OMG, Jarett Guarantano is the starting quarterback at Washington State !

BTW, I think Coastal is going to come crashing back to Earth this year.

The thing is their schedule is super soft. CC's one Power V opponent is Kansas. Their other OOC games are Citadel (FCS), UMASS (horrendous) and Buffalo (lost their coach to KS and their best players transferred with him). So, they are going 4-0 OOC. CC also avoids the next best Sun Belt team in Louisiana. CC will likely be favored in every game they play except at App. State. So, CC will likely have a pretty good record, but not be a very good team. There will be idiots that don't know college football that will claim that a 12-0 or 11-1 Coastal deserves a shot at the playoffs when there would be about 40 Power V teams that would dominate that schedule.

Last edited:
Nothing remarkable here other than he expects Louisville to lose to Duke.

He has Pitt beating Clemson and then losing to Syracuse...

Tonight's CFB slate:

Temple at Rutgers (-14) l 6:30 pm l Big 10 Network+
Houston Baptist at New Mexico (-24.5) | 8 p.m. | MW Network
Long Island University at FIU (-34.5)| 7 p.m. | ESPN3
Boise State at UCF (-6.5)| 7 p.m. | ESPN
Western Illinois at Ball State (-31) | 7 p.m. | ESPN+
Wagner at Buffalo (-43.5) | 7 p.m. | ESPN3
The Citadel at No. 22 Coastal Carolina (-33)| 7 p.m. | ESPN+
Weber State at No. 24 Utah (-28.5) | 7:30 p.m. | Pac-12 Network
South Florida at NC State (-19) | 7:30 p.m. | ACC Network
East Carolina vs. Appalachian State (-9) (Bank of America Stadium, in Charlotte N.C.)| 7:30 p.m. | ESPNU
UC Davis at Tulsa (-21.5) | 7:30 p.m. | ESPN+
Bowling Green at Tennessee (-35)| 8 p.m. | SEC Network
UT Martin at Western Kentucky (-22)| 8 p.m. | ESPN+
No. 4 Ohio State (-14.5) at Minnesota | 8 p.m. | FOX
Eastern Washington (1.5) at UNLV | 10 p.m. | Stadium
Southern Utah at No. 25 Arizona State (-45)| 10:30 p.m. | Pac-12 Network

I believe Temple at Rutgers was postponed to Saturday due to Hurricane Ida's aftermath.

Yeah, if they decided college football on paper in September, we’d have Clemson vs Alabama in the National Championship every year!

But luckily, that only happens MOST of the time.

As an aside, I’m looking forward to seeing some supposedly good team completely shit the bed this weekend.

That’s always fun. Who are your top candidates?

That’s always fun. Who are your top candidates?

I wish I knew.

Not really going out on a limb, but most of the “big” matchups will likely be yawners… UGA/Clemson, LSU/UCLA, UNC/VT, ND/FSU.

Not that I know who will win, of course.

Smart money is flowing onto UCLA. Line is now below 3. While Chip Kelly has been busy destroying his rep as a great coach over recent years, he was once considered a top 3 college coach. A UCLA win would change a lot of perceptions.

FSU is such an unknown. There were really bad last year, except for their inexplicable blowout win over UNC. Their QB hasn't played in two years. ND lost a lot from last year, but Kelly has recruited well.

Dabo is really good at getting his team ready for the early season tough OOC game. That said, UGA getting most of the betting attention.

Yeah, I kind of feel like LSU won’t be able to keep up with the points UCLA’s offense will put up.

But I also don’t think UCLA is very good.

Josh Heupel looks like a guy who’s too dumb for you to hire to cut your grass.

Yeah, I kind of feel like LSU won’t be able to keep up with the points UCLA’s offense will put up.

But I also don’t think UCLA is very good.

Their QB has been there for 15 years and still can't hit the broad side of a barn. It's not unreasonable to think that Chip Kelly may have them playing serviceable football, but I think LSU wins, perhaps handily.

Back