• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

That Louisville score is every bit as ugly as Clemson shutting out South Carolina.

Army beat liberty pretty solidly yesterday 31-16. Liberty turned the ball over on down 3 times in the 1st half including twice in their own territory on 4th and considerable yardage. Was Freeze experimenting with the always go for it on 4th down philosophy?

Is army beat liberty pretty solidly yesterday 31-16. Liberty turned the ball over on down 3 times in the 1st half including twice in their own territory on 4th and considerable yardage. Was Freeze experimenting with the always go for it on 4th down philosophy?

Glad it worked

Georgia -4 v Alabama (51)

Michigan -11 v Iowa (50), also seeing 10.5 and 44

Former Deac Trey Rucker had a couple of tackles for OK State in the Bedlam win over OU. He's been getting regular PT on a top 5 defense.

I'd do a more complex scheme. First set at 25. If FGs, move to 30 or 35 yard line. Keep moving back until you get to 50, then go to only 2 pt conversions.

Whatever they had in 2017 is obviously the worst system ever.

That doesn’t explain why his team got blown out by 31 when they were a 3-point home favorite. I feel bad for Satterfield about his dad, but they got clobbered.

He could have decided not to coach as well. There’s no right way to handle a parent’s death but I don’t think it’s an excuse for such a huge unexpected loss either.

He could have decided not to coach as well. There’s no right way to handle a parent’s death but I don’t think it’s an excuse for such a huge unexpected loss either.

I think with football its hard for that to be a real excuse for playing so poorly. You've got over 100 players, probably 20 assistant coaches and other support staff, honestly the head coach is not all that important on gameday, unless they also call plays which few do any more. I didn't watch that game, but unless there were some really uncharacteristically bad in-game decisions by Satterfield, I don't think that really would've made an impact. The best thing to do is wish he and his family thoughts and prayers and leave the football out of it. A tough time was made just a little tougher for him with that bad a loss.

Back