• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Got an interesting potential upset brewing. #15 BYU started up 21-0 with 3 TDs on the first 3 possessions. USF has scored 3 TDs on all three 2nd half drives to get it to 35-27. USF blocked a BYU FG up 35-20 and followed it up with a 19 play, 94 yard, 9:04 drive.

After taking so much time off the clock, USF kicked an onside kick and gave up a 1st down allowing BYU to run out the clock.

Arizona is only down 8 at Oregon on ESPN.

Last edited:
Well, we will be ranked behind BC, UNC, and NC State. But yes, probably.

The CBS article may be right. State has beaten Clemson and, despite the loss to a mediocre Miss St, they will be ranked. The so-called "good" teams we beat (FSU and UVA) have turned into monuments of suckitude. I'll be surprised if we're ranked. If we beat Louisville this week, then we'll get ranked toward the bottom of top 25

Wake needs to adopt the Al Davis catch phrase, "Just win, baby."

The CBS article may be right. State has beaten Clemson and, despite the loss to a mediocre Miss St, they will be ranked. The so-called "good" teams we beat (FSU and UVA) have turned into monuments of suckitude. I'll be surprised if we're ranked. If we beat Louisville this week, then we'll get ranked toward the bottom of top 25

Good argument for better OOC scheduling. Our now so-called marquee “noncon” opponent is anything but.

Good argument for better OOC scheduling. Our now so-called marquee “noncon” opponent is anything but.

That is the down side of contracts for non-conference games being written for so far into the future. Maybe The Alliance can fix some of that by creating interesting and useful match-ups the summer before they are played.

Congrats to State on a big win, and no doubt they deserve to feel great right now, but I think the jury is still very much out on just how good they are. They did lose decisively to a middling Mississippi State team, and Clemson's offense is almost lol bad this year. I definitely think we deserve to be ranked ahead of them at this point.

The Atlantic is wide open and competitive now. I think we're pretty darn good, but so are BC and State and Louisville. Cuse is better than expected and won't be an easy out and Clemson has tons of talent as always. FSU seems to be the bottom of the Atlantic, but they could figure some things out and play spoiler for a State, BC or Clemson. Great chance to do something special this, but its a challenging road.

For State to be all puffed up about a “top 10” win and think they’re having a special season, only to come back to earth with middling play, while their brethren the Demon Deacons become national darlings, would be *chef’s kiss*

This is how you quit your football team -- in the middle of the game and on Twitter. Not that weak Jamie Newman stuff where you mail it in for a game or two and then transfer.

Just wanted to point out that Clemson lost DT Tyler Davis in the Ga Tech game and he will be out 7-8 weeks. Their other starting DT Bryan Bresee, who was ACC Freshman of the year last year, got hurt in the 3rd quarter against NC State and will be out for the year with an ACL.
Sixth-year senior Skalski hurt his shoulder in the first quarter and his status is unknown.

Will Shipley won the starting RB job and hurt his knee in OT and it doesn't look good. He went straight to the locker room from the field.

So, Clemson is wounded on both sides of the ball and their OL sucks.

Back