Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Roy Williams retiring?

Quote Originally Posted by morrison2951 View Post
    Hubert Davis seems logical.
    Maybe Roy will make him a deal on his house in the big H.

Wouldn't Wes Miller be far better on paper than Davis and Stackhouse?

As the poster who has been worried about Billy D to UNC for YEARS, I can say confidently we lucked out with Roy retiring right now.

Billy D is in the first year of his deal with the Chicago Bulls, they're fighting for a playoff spot, and the franchise has enough confidence in the coaching staff and roster to have traded for Nikola Vucevic (an all-star, for you non-NBA fans) to make a deeper run. Plus that big contract.

He ain't leaving for college this year.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    People seem to be treating Hubert Davis like heís a long time assistant like Coach Gut. Davis had a long NBA career, then he was on ESPN for several years (which will help him publicly), and heís been at UNC since 2012. The next UNC coach should have more experience than 9 seasons as an assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    DR's pants are down and waiting.
    I told you so! <self high five> we missed our chance ten years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconBrews View Post
    As the poster who has been worried about Billy D to UNC for YEARS, I can say confidently we lucked out with Roy retiring right now.

Billy D is in the first year of his deal with the Chicago Bulls, they're fighting for a playoff spot, and the franchise has enough confidence in the coaching staff and roster to have traded for Nikola Vucevic (an all-star, for you non-NBA fans) to make a deeper run. Plus that big contract.

I hope you're right.

so we just gotta wait a few more years for K to retire, in other words

https://www.statefansnation.com/2011....vXOzZFWQ.dpbs

The UNC alumni player push will be huge for Stackhouse and Hubert......it will be interesting to see who Jordan sides with. I would think Nate Oats would moonwalk to Chapel Hell if offered.

Really hope UNC arrogance wins this battle. UNC arrogance will dictate that the job stay in house and that a Carolina man should coach Carolina, preferably a former high profile player, who knows the UNC way. Anything that limits the pool of candidates is a good thing. If UNC makes a blind hiring decision that is solely focused on who is the coach that is most likely to win lots of basketball games (i.e., Billy Donovan, Nate Oats), regardless of background, look out. UNC makes a legacy hire; every other school competing with UNC benefits.

Please make a Matt Doherty type of hire again...
    Last edited by Pilchard; 04-01-2021 at 03:07 PM.

And Tuscaloosa is the shithole of the universe, and basketball will always play second fiddle to football. Oats can fuckin' coach, so I hope he doesn't wind up in CH.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    SHAKA SHAKA SHAKA !!!

How soon does Carolina make their move? Gotta figure it can't take long as these rumors started a couple weeks back.

Quote Originally Posted by daaberry View Post
    This will settle Goodman's credibility on the Manning guaranteed contract dispute once and for all!!!!!!
    Letís get this done!

Called it!

What a scoop!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobacco Road View Post
    This will settle Goodman's credibility on the Manning guaranteed contract dispute once and for all!!!!!!
    Oh lord, I had tried to block that from my mind. What a disaster.

Itís weird that this is written like itís coming from a fan or observer, not a reporter. Is this what youíre hearing, Jeff? Probably so.

Will be fascinating if weíre suddenly going up against Wes Miller.

Please baby, please baby, please baby baby baby please.