Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Roy Williams retiring?

So basically Wes Miller is not going to be UNC's next head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by WFU03 View Post
    Alternate take: UNC is that much better of a job than Indiana
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by WFU03 View Post
    Alternate take: UNC is that much better of a job than Indiana
    ďBut Iím not a kid anymore. Iím a 44-year-old Masshole,Ē Stevens added. ďI swerve around others when Iím driving. I eat Dunkiní Donuts and I root for the Patriots. Iíve unfortunately been skewed in a lot of ways, I guess.Ē

What is the ranking of the best coaching jobs in the US? Is it:

1. UK
    2. UNC
    3. KU
    4. Duke

?

I really hope the Carolina Way wins out on this coaching decision

He is sucking this year despite having two all-stars and with a recently improved roster, so if he were to go it's because he knows he's not keeping his job.

IMO, there's no more "prestigious" coaching job than head coach of the Boston Celtics, the all-time co-leader in NBA titles (I would also argue that being the star player of the Lakers is more prestigious than the head coach in that franchise).

It's really surprising that UNC has no interest in Oates. You'd think he would be preferable to Davis or Miller, but I know it's all about keeping it in the family. But from all I've heard, he isn't on the list of preferred candidates.

Banhammer'd
    Oates signed an extension in Feb or March. I'd guess the buyout is extremely onerous at this point.

Rusty Larue
    Money isnít an object. Carolina thinks Oats is dirty.

Banhammer'd
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    Money isnít an object. Carolina thinks Oats is dirty.
    Are you really saying that coaches, boosters, etc., in the SEC might possibly cheat?

Really?

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconBrews View Post
    He is sucking this year despite having two all-stars and with a recently improved roster, so if he were to go it's because he knows he's not keeping his job.

IMO, there's no more "prestigious" coaching job than head coach of the Boston Celtics, the all-time co-leader in NBA titles (I would also argue that being the star player of the Lakers is more prestigious than the head coach in that franchise).
    Improved roster? Two of his best players over the last two seasons are two of the best players for the Hornets. Stevens is fine where he is. Ainge is the one who should be worried.

I guess Carolina fans want dirty in the ďCarolina Way.Ē Thatís dirty but knowing how to seem clean.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Improved roster? Two of his best players over the last two seasons are two of the best players for the Hornets. Stevens is fine where he is. Ainge is the one who should be worried.

I guess Carolina fans want dirty in the ďCarolina Way.Ē Thatís dirty but knowing how to seem clean.
    Correct. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Rusty Larue
    And Iíll put up good money that Brad Stevenís is not a coach at any college in the next 5 years. Even if he is let go in Boston, heíll have a list of Other NBA teams that want him.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post

Apparently so.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post

1. UK
    2. UNC
    3. KU
    4. Duke

?

Yes. Hubert Davis please.

Is Duke #4? Is the current success sustainable after K leaves?

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Iím biased but I think the consistent strength of NC talent makes UNC the top job and elevated other NC jobs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Are you really saying that coaches, boosters, etc., in the SEC might possibly cheat?

Really?
    And those at UNC donít ?
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post

1. UK
    2. UNC
    3. KU
    4. Duke

?

Itíll vary depending whatís important to a particular candidate but I think Kansas is a clear #4.

1. UNC
    2. Duke
    3. Kentucky
    4. Kansas

I'm trying to separate the current (or most recent, in the case of UNC) coach from the job itself, which is hard to do, especially for Duke, but I think KU is above Duke

I think UCLA is pretty high given its history and location, Texas is pretty good given its overall AD resources

seems like UK may have the best facilities, though Oregon is pretty nuts if I remember correctly

Yep. The University of Nike, 'er Oregon, has awesome facilities.... and plenty of uni combinations.

Itís not that UNC thinks Oats is dirty. But heís not anywhere near a sure thing in terms of success. The Tier 1 group I mentioned is. If they donít get Tier 1 then they will go in the family for sure and out of that group itís Hubert for sure. Bubba thinks Oats is really no more a sure bet than Hubert and given that, he stays inside UNC family. I still think it probably will be Hubert. But Iím just deducing that on my own.