• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roy Williams retiring?

He’s the coach of arguably the most storied NBA franchise in one of the biggest cities in America, and probably the one with the biggest asshole fans

Which was the first NBA opportunity he had and a team on the improve. Taking the job in Boston is not like taking the job at a college.

Roy has officially called it quits. Curious to see what coach they go after.

Hope they hire Hubert Davis. Would they trust the program to Wes Miller?

Assuming Roy isn't into April Fools pranks, UNC will definitely make the call to Stevens. Never know unless you ask. After he says no, the Heels will quietly check on Beard, Oats and Jay Wright to see if there is any possibility that they would leave their current jobs, and what the cost would be. If all those avenues get shutdown (and they likely will), then Old Wes Miller (and Hubert Davis) will be among those on the list.

They're gonna hire King Rice.

I think you should push for the job and get crazy sanctions and destroy their program. Take one for the team, Mako. Of your mom taught you anything, it's to take one for the team

I just can’t imagine a program of this caliber entrusting it’s future to Wes Miller. Yeah I know, they hired Doherty and all that. But this is one of the top 2-3 programs in all of college basketball. Obviously money won’t be an issue at all.

Here’s hoping for Hubert Davis instead of someone who’s actually good

I refuse to believe that they will end up with a Mike Woodson / Thad Matta Frankenstein-type weird-ass hire.

They'll get a big name, even if it isn't Beard, Oats, Wright (who were also the 3 that first popped into my head).

The only sense in reaching out to Jay Wright would be to cover their asses from whom they settle on.

If they hired Wes Miller, it'd be SoCon circa 2018-19 all over again in the ACC...

Forbes, Young, Miller!

My buddy who coaches D1 told me this was coming last week, and says its gonna be Billy Donovan, fwiw.

I refuse to believe that they will end up with a Mike Woodson / Thad Matta Frankenstein-type weird-ass hire.

They'll get a big name, even if it isn't Beard, Oats, Wright (who were also the 3 that first popped into my head).

Such as?

I saw someone post that Coach K should also announce his retirement. And then an hour later they both announce a cage fight. Would be a spectacular way to pull off a prank. Otherwise, yeah, why do this today.

Stackhouse's name is getting some run on the UNC Boards. Would love that.

He's been a complete disaster at Vandy, and he's had talent in Nash Vegas to be at least decent. Maybe Stack would improve over time, but Stackhouse at UNC has the potential to be a re-run of the Matt Doherty at UNC debacle.

Back