• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roy Williams retiring?

How about Joseph Forte?

He knows about getting family members jobs.

DR's pants are down and waiting.

I think it would be a good thing if Wes gets the job. If he succeeds then OK, he at least seems like a good guy and his dad has done a lot for Wake.

If he fails....ooooh boy if he fails....DR would be fun.

They will keep it in the family. I hope.

HOF Wes
King Rice
Hubert Davis
Stackhouse
Steve Robinson

Last edited:
This really is huge for Wes. The WF and UNC jobs were the two ideal landing spots given his background. He missed on the WF job last year, and if he misses on the UNC job this year, his career arc is going to take a very different path: a) become a UNCG legend; b) work his way up the coaching ladder, perhaps in unfamiliar territory.

FWIW, Chris Beard is taking the Texas job. So, Beard isn't going to UNC.

Two threads on this is too much for my tiny brain to handle.

I vote to keep it on the carousel. I also know that what I think doesn't matter to anyone.

I think Carolina learned their lesson about forcing a family pick with Doh!. Don't think they'll make the same mistake twice. Donovan makes sense.

And Beard to Tejas was a no brainer.

Billy Donovan signed a four year $24 million deal with the Bulls in September. Before signing this deal, Donovan and his agent should've included the contract outs for certain openings if they arose during the life of the contract, if Donovan felt that returning to college was a possibility depending on the job that was available. Otherwise, Donovan and/or UNC will be responsible for buying out the Bulls/Donovan contract.

Billy Donovan signed a four year $24 million deal with the Bulls in September. Before signing this deal, Donovan and his agent should've included the contract outs for certain openings if they arose during the life of the contract, if Donovan felt that returning to college was a possibility depending on the job that was available. Otherwise, Donovan and/or UNC will be responsible for buying out the Bulls/Donovan contract.

There have always been rumors that Donovan would return to the college game if the right job opened up. UNC feels like the right job to me.

If he wants to leave, they can probably work out the dollars... I don't think an NBA team would keep a coach that didn't want to be there.

Damn dude. How do you come up with such minor detail information so quickly?

My theory is that they were negotiating with Nate Oats representatives, then when Bama lost last weekend, they finalized the deal. Now they are able to announce Roy's retirement with Oats agreeing to take over.

My theory is that they were negotiating with Nate Oats representatives, then when Bama lost last weekend, they finalized the deal. Now they are able to announce Roy's retirement with Oats agreeing to take over.

That would suck.

If Oats takes over at UNC after two years at Alabama, I will no longer be sad that we didn't hire him. Because he wouldn't have stayed long at Wake Forest, either.

Back