Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat thread 1331: Just talkiní chickens. This is better.

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Sure. NBC saw its success on Netflix and basically built a whole streaming platform based on it. Has it proven successful? Have the millennials with their skateboards and rock music flocked over to binge it and stayed for other quality NBC Universal content?
    I signed up for it last week to watch Kevin Costner be a badass.

uh oh cancel culture caught up with Michel Foucault
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

all the tweets from right-wing smarties saying Foucault is a "beacon of" or "central to" "Woke ideology" are hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
    When I was a junior staffer I was working over the weekend when my client invited me to like a party at his house and it was straight up a Scientology recruitment meeting where there were just all this hot crazy chicks as part of the recruitment team. It was frickin' wild and the main dude sure was charismatic, but I avoided falling into that trap. My client ended up getting busted for embezzling a few years later.
    Man, that's 100% the way to market.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Deac Doug View Post
    Man, that's 100% the way to market.
    Maybe you're not familiar with 1990's pharm reps.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    It's always the most messed up post that you can correct.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Gossett Jr View Post
    Given Biff and the other Biff neighborhood clones if anything about the loud train could be done donít you think it would have been done by now.
    It wakes me up once every couple of years and it's not by mistake that I don't live next to the train tracks. But would you please stop for a second and THINK ABOUT THE BABIES ?

Primary OGB Benefactor
    I had a hotel room next to the interstate one time about 10 years ago and I was astounded that people can live anywhere close to something like that. Thank you God for the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    I had a hotel room next to the interstate one time about 10 years ago and I was astounded that people can live anywhere close to something like that. Thank you God for the privilege.
    there are these apartments next to 85 southbound in Atlanta just past where 400 merges that are so close to the interstate. it seems like you could sit on the porch and practically touch the overpass.

Digging deeper. I used to baby sit for a late 30's hospital recruitment rep. Unreal MILF. Southern Italian heritage or something, giant cans/perfect skin. Her job description was straight up to be the closer for physician recruitment for the largest hospital in the area. The first half the day was doctor checks out the facility. Then her job was to wine, dine, and show the doc around the city (BONER CITY).

She'd come back between 2 and 3 am, trashed, disheveled, and horny as shit. 15 year old Knight felt things.

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    there are these apartments next to 85 southbound in Atlanta just past where 400 merges that are so close to the interstate. it seems like you could sit on the porch and practically touch the overpass.
    The apartment building I lived in before moving back to NC was directly next to I-93. This place must have been built like a fortress because you couldnít hear a damn thing inside. Of course, I lived on the 17th floor so Iím assuming that was beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
    When I was a junior staffer I was working over the weekend when my client invited me to like a party at his house and it was straight up a Scientology recruitment meeting where there were just all this hot crazy chicks as part of the recruitment team. It was frickin' wild and the main dude sure was charismatic, but I avoided falling into that trap. My client ended up getting busted for embezzling a few years later.
    Damn, I would have 100% ended up a scientologist.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    My biggest pre-settling down regret was never living in a city or country with a competent public transit system. I fucking love trains. Soooooo much better than cars.
    Yuge difference between freight trains and public transport trains.

The shitty little modular home I lived in in Asheville was like 25 yards from freight rails. Holy shit it sounded like a dame hurricane in the house, things would literally fall off the walls and shelves twice a day.

Shit fucking peaked in the 90s. Gen X fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    Shit fucking peaked in the 90s. Gen X fucked.
    Gen X is easily the best generation ever. No Boomer stigma, no Milly stigma. All upside, because had a bitchen childhood in the 70s and got the full benefit of the 90s while the plebs had to tough it all out. I say all this as a millennial.

Gen X is easily the best generation ever. No Boomer stigma, no Milly stigma. All upside, because had a bitchen childhood in the 70s and got the full benefit of the 90s while the plebs had to tough it all out. I say all this as a millennial.
    yes but the highest form of Gen X humor was sarcasm

absolutely nothing funnier to Gen X than just level 1 sarcasm eye roll oh brother

whereas millennials got to add in irony and subtext and nihilism to the self-hatred

what is Milly stigma

are you talking about all those Boomer and Gen X thought-pieces that just blame millennials for everything

i thought we realized those were clichť by now

Quote Originally Posted by OldGoldBeard View Post
    What percentage of your posts do you think are derogatory?
    35-49%

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    are you talking about all those Boomer and Gen X thought-pieces that just blame millennials for everything

i thought we realized those were clichť by now
    You wish you could just make it go away by eating more avocado toast.