Page 78 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2001

Thread: Chat thread 1331: Just talkiní chickens. This is better.

just went for a very long walk outside

it was nice but i did get a little bit sweaty, and, with all apologies to biff, i did wear a mask the whole time

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDeacon View Post
    Opportunities are what you are given. Outcomes are what you make of it.

Equitable funding for schools would be an opportunity. Grades and test scores would be the outcome.
    Given by who? If they're given by someone else, those opportunities are merely someone else's outcome. And that's a generational cycle.

School funding is often determined by local property taxes which vary depending on neighborhood wealth. Who lives where is an outcome. Based on your framework, equitable funding would be taking away people's outcomes to pay for other people's opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
    meh, I think giving the poors free netflix and xbox live to keep them entertained is really the goal.
    It's soul crushing how fucking effective this is.

May as well just publicly-fund wrasslin' in a giant arena: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    May as well just publicly-fund wrasslin' in a giant arena: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
    Or enough Biden bucks to afford paramount +. I was watching the Mega Powers collide in Wrassle mania V just the other day. It's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Deac Doug View Post
    It's soul crushing how fucking effective this is.
    meh, I wanna be rich just so I can not work and watch netflix and play xbox live. COVID and this whole "work from home" thing is a dream. I just cut out 90% of the busy work I used to that wasn't really necessary, realized I could do my job in about 3 days a month. So starting my 3rd job next month, and just applied for a fourth this week.
    Last edited by stugotz; 04-08-2021 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Given by who? If they're given by someone else, those opportunities are merely someone else's outcome. And that's a generational cycle.

School funding is often determined by local property taxes which vary depending on neighborhood wealth. Who lives where is an outcome. Based on your framework, equitable funding would be taking away people's outcomes to pay for other people's opportunities.
    "Equitable funding would be taking away people's outcomes to pay for other people's opportunities."

Yeah, that's the basis of a society. Those who "have" give to those who "have not".

"Equitable funding would be taking away people's outcomes to pay for other people's opportunities."

Yeah, that's the basis of a society. Those who "have" give to those who "have not".
    Sure, but this society has been very resistant to that idea for the last 40-60 years.

Quote Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
    meh, I wanna be rich just so I can not work and watch netflix and play xbox live. COVID and this whole "work from home" thing is a dream. I just cut out 90% of the busy work I used to that wasn't really necessary, realized I could do my job in about 3 days a month. So starting my 3rd job next month, and just applied for a fourth this week.
    So you have 3 jobs and your goal is to chill out and watch Netflix and play XBOX live, but you're applying for a 4th job?

I kind of get it because I've been saying yes to different opportunities over the last year, but I couldn't say my goal is to not work either.

So you have 3 jobs and your goal is to chill out and watch Netflix and play XBOX live, but you're applying for a 4th job?

I kind of get it because I've been saying yes to different opportunities over the last year, but I couldn't say my goal is to not work either.
    yeah, the mind says take the 4th job (note it was just sending a resume to which 60 people applied, I'd just imagine mine would jump to the top of the list based on particular experience) the hearts says netflix and xbox. Also, the 2nd job will go away in a few months probably.

Sure, but this society has been very resistant to that idea for the last 40-60 years.
    Ok. That doesnít change the definition of those terms.

Ok. That doesnít change the definition of those terms.
    Sure if you include in that definition that one person's outcome is connected to another person's opportunity most commonly through the family. So that definition doesn't really distinguish between outcome and opportunity.

We'll see how scooter weighs in as well since he brought it up.

Anybody planning on watching the new Space Jam, looks really fucking lame to me

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    just went for a very long walk outside

it was nice but i did get a little bit sweaty, and, with all apologies to biff, i did wear a mask the whole time
    I went for a run after work and wore a mask the whole time because I was on a public trail but also because the pollen is fucking terrible today. My eyes were stinging but otherwise had no issues. Got home and went outside with the kids and I only lasted like five minutes before the pollen sent me back inside.

I like having the mask outside.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    I went for a run after work and wore a mask the whole time because I was on a public trail but also because the pollen is fucking terrible today. My eyes were stinging but otherwise had no issues. Got home and went outside with the kids and I only lasted like five minutes before the pollen sent me back inside.

I like having the mask outside.
    Last weekend we were out for a walk and I made an off handed comment about how the pollen hadnít been that bad yet and it exploded basically overnight. All surfaces covered now. Thought the timing was kind of amusing. We could sure as hell use some rain the next couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    Yeah. I was too old for the first one but it never seemed all that cool to me either. This one looks much worse. Seems like they're ramming a ton of stuff into what should be a simple silly premise.

Not since they made that lady bunny's boobs smaller

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Not worth watching without Pepe Le Pew. Plus Iím 100% pro-MJ/fuck Lebron.

I'm watching a virtual conference session and the presider just took a call in the middle of making a point and didn't mute himself.

Overall this has gone better than I thought, but man I can't wait to do this in person next year.

Im out