Page 1 of 101 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat thread 1331: Just talkiní chickens. This is better.

Chat thread 1331: Just talkiní chickens. This is better.

My 2yo just double heel stomped my fellas. Still less painful than a Brasky-run chat thread.
    Last edited by mako1331; 04-10-2021 at 09:14 AM.

No doubt!

Congratulations on winning the chat thread.

Now, good luck and donít blow your moment.

No pressure tho.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

You may proceed with the car talk. Knowing someone with a dealer license is clutch.

Shit...Iím probably going to end up financing a brand new vehicle from the local dealer instead of paying cash for the nicer trim one certified from the CLT folks.

The local guy has been helpful, plus I might just take advantage of the zero percent financing offer presently in place.

Iíve never financed a car but why not if thereís no interest and insurance costs are the same (Iíve confirmed)?
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Just make sure there's plenty of room in the back seat. Creamy's mom likes some elbow room.

We got a pretty good deal on a new Outback since it was their last 2020 on the lot and it was right before the end of the year. And thereís like 2 minor feature differences between the 20 and 21 so was fine missing out on that.

Chat thread 1331:I donít know what to do with my hands

Thank god your mom does.

I disagree with you
    so what did you guys have for breakfast

A free fresh fruit bowl from Publix

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Gossett Jr View Post
    A free fresh fruit bowl from Publix
    by 'free fresh fruit bowl' i assume that means you just walked around and sampled a bunch of fruit

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    Shit...Iím probably going to end up financing a brand new vehicle from the local dealer instead of paying cash for the nicer trim one certified from the CLT folks.

The local guy has been helpful, plus I might just take advantage of the zero percent financing offer presently in place.

Iíve never financed a car but why not if thereís no interest and insurance costs are the same (Iíve confirmed)?
    Is this the car you were asking about a couple weeks back? What did you decide on?

I paid off my car earlier this week a couple years early. Once I pay off my tax bill in a month or two, it will be the first time I've been debt free in 20 years. I even like started prepaying credit cards that would ordinarily be due a month from now to celebrate the occasion and see what the impact on my credit score will be (although I think I'd actually be better off keeping a small balance on the cards, going to test that out over the next few months).

I'd been wagering on silly things like bitcoin and such, and the constant thought of "well if this just tanks in value I'm gonna be pissed I didn't pay off my car" was holding me back from feeling free to just purely gamble, so I paid it off.
    Last edited by stugotz; 03-25-2021 at 08:51 PM.

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
    I paid off my car earlier this week. Once I pay off my tax bill in a month or two, it will be the first time I've been debt free in 20 years. I even like started prepaying credit cards that would ordinarily be due a month from now to celebrate the occasion and see what the impact on my credit score will be (although I think I'd actually be better off keeping a small balance on the cards, going to test that out over the next few months).
    keeping this post around for when we get a post in 12-18 mo where plama finds out wife has racked up $50k in credit card bills

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    keeping this post around for when we get a post in 12-18 mo where plama finds out wife has racked up $50k in credit card bills
    My wife works for a foreign govt that isn't required to withold any taxes at all, so come April each year I get hit with that badly enough.

damn plama congrats
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Quote Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
    My wife works for a foreign govt that isn't required to withold any taxes at all, so come April each year I get hit with that badly enough.
    Yeah we had that with my wife when we lived in DC but paid quarterly estimated taxes. She got paid once a month so weíd get these big fat paychecks but siphoned off quite a bit to a savings account for taxes.

speaking of cars I was thinking of a Tesla when my current car's lease is up but hell no:

https://www.theverge.com/22348668/te...el-s-x-refresh

Tesla decided to remove the gear-selector stalk from the steering wheel and is going to try to automate shifting between park, reverse, neutral, and drive (PRND). The company said there would be an option on the touchscreen as a backup, but it wasnít until today that we had a sense of exactly what that looks like.

Instead of touchscreen ďbuttonsĒ for each drive mode, drivers will have to tap-and-drag on a small car icon on the top-left corner of the new horizontal touchscreen. (In fact, that car icon was visible in the photos Tesla released for the refreshed Model S and Model X, though it wasnít clear what it was for.) Drag up to put the car into drive, drag down to put the car in reverse:

Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    My 2yo just double heel stomped my fellas. Still less painful than a Brasky-run chat thread.
    Le-chiffre-pounding-007-balls-with-a-whip.gif

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    damn plama congrats
    yeah, also congrats. that's awesome