• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 1331: Just talkin’ chickens. This is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just went for a very long walk outside

it was nice but i did get a little bit sweaty, and, with all apologies to biff, i did wear a mask the whole time

Opportunities are what you are given. Outcomes are what you make of it.

Equitable funding for schools would be an opportunity. Grades and test scores would be the outcome.

Given by who? If they're given by someone else, those opportunities are merely someone else's outcome. And that's a generational cycle.

School funding is often determined by local property taxes which vary depending on neighborhood wealth. Who lives where is an outcome. Based on your framework, equitable funding would be taking away people's outcomes to pay for other people's opportunities.

May as well just publicly-fund wrasslin' in a giant arena: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

May as well just publicly-fund wrasslin' in a giant arena: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Or enough Biden bucks to afford paramount +. I was watching the Mega Powers collide in Wrassle mania V just the other day. It's amazing!

It's soul crushing how fucking effective this is.

meh, I wanna be rich just so I can not work and watch netflix and play xbox live. COVID and this whole "work from home" thing is a dream. I just cut out 90% of the busy work I used to that wasn't really necessary, realized I could do my job in about 3 days a month. So starting my 3rd job next month, and just applied for a fourth this week.

Last edited:
Given by who? If they're given by someone else, those opportunities are merely someone else's outcome. And that's a generational cycle.

School funding is often determined by local property taxes which vary depending on neighborhood wealth. Who lives where is an outcome. Based on your framework, equitable funding would be taking away people's outcomes to pay for other people's opportunities.

"Equitable funding would be taking away people's outcomes to pay for other people's opportunities."

Yeah, that's the basis of a society. Those who "have" give to those who "have not".

"Equitable funding would be taking away people's outcomes to pay for other people's opportunities."

Yeah, that's the basis of a society. Those who "have" give to those who "have not".

Sure, but this society has been very resistant to that idea for the last 40-60 years.

meh, I wanna be rich just so I can not work and watch netflix and play xbox live. COVID and this whole "work from home" thing is a dream. I just cut out 90% of the busy work I used to that wasn't really necessary, realized I could do my job in about 3 days a month. So starting my 3rd job next month, and just applied for a fourth this week.

So you have 3 jobs and your goal is to chill out and watch Netflix and play XBOX live, but you're applying for a 4th job?

I kind of get it because I've been saying yes to different opportunities over the last year, but I couldn't say my goal is to not work either.

So you have 3 jobs and your goal is to chill out and watch Netflix and play XBOX live, but you're applying for a 4th job?

I kind of get it because I've been saying yes to different opportunities over the last year, but I couldn't say my goal is to not work either.

yeah, the mind says take the 4th job (note it was just sending a resume to which 60 people applied, I'd just imagine mine would jump to the top of the list based on particular experience) the hearts says netflix and xbox. Also, the 2nd job will go away in a few months probably.

Ok. That doesn’t change the definition of those terms.

Sure if you include in that definition that one person's outcome is connected to another person's opportunity most commonly through the family. So that definition doesn't really distinguish between outcome and opportunity.

We'll see how scooter weighs in as well since he brought it up.

just went for a very long walk outside

it was nice but i did get a little bit sweaty, and, with all apologies to biff, i did wear a mask the whole time

I went for a run after work and wore a mask the whole time because I was on a public trail but also because the pollen is fucking terrible today. My eyes were stinging but otherwise had no issues. Got home and went outside with the kids and I only lasted like five minutes before the pollen sent me back inside.

I like having the mask outside.

I went for a run after work and wore a mask the whole time because I was on a public trail but also because the pollen is fucking terrible today. My eyes were stinging but otherwise had no issues. Got home and went outside with the kids and I only lasted like five minutes before the pollen sent me back inside.

I like having the mask outside.

Last weekend we were out for a walk and I made an off handed comment about how the pollen hadn’t been that bad yet and it exploded basically overnight. All surfaces covered now. Thought the timing was kind of amusing. We could sure as hell use some rain the next couple days.

Anybody planning on watching the new Space Jam, looks really fucking lame to me

Yeah. I was too old for the first one but it never seemed all that cool to me either. This one looks much worse. Seems like they're ramming a ton of stuff into what should be a simple silly premise.

Not worth watching without Pepe Le Pew. Plus I’m 100% pro-MJ/fuck Lebron.

I'm watching a virtual conference session and the presider just took a call in the middle of making a point and didn't mute himself.

Overall this has gone better than I thought, but man I can't wait to do this in person next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back