• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 1331: Just talkin’ chickens. This is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the train is too loud if you can hear it from 2 miles away. They should make them quieter probably.

Damn right. There's nice houses and new condos right next to the train tracks though. I'm not sure how those people sleep.

Damn right. There's nice houses and new condos right next to the train tracks though. I'm not sure how those people sleep.

I used to live in Chantilly about 2 blocks from the tracks. Woke me up all the damn time for the first week and then I learned to tune it out. Now that I'm farther away in Cotswold, I hear it more often than I did in Chantilly or Plaza Midwood.

I think we can all agree that Friends is the worst.

false. friends was amusing. I liked both the Office and P&R more, but friends was far from the worst.

(on a related note, I also enjoy Big Bang Theory.) :couch:

I’ve lived near a train for the past two years now & love them now.

The Beast is the one I'm planning on running.

Half marathon and 30 obstacle? Yeesh.

I googled a training plan and its appears that I will have to join a crossfit gym in order to prepare and that might be a bridge too far for me.

It’s 30 Rock and then Parks and Rec for me.

Never really got into The Office.

I’ve lived near a train for the past two years now & love them now.

My biggest pre-settling down regret was never living in a city or country with a competent public transit system. I fucking love trains. Soooooo much better than cars.

I googled a training plan and its appears that I will have to join a crossfit gym in order to prepare and that might be a bridge too far for me.

On a positive note, joining crossfit will give you the opportunity to become REALLY insufferable and randomly pick fights with other posters during a roid rage episode

WMATA is all kinds of fucked up these days but it’s still >>>>>>>> needing to drive everywhere.

Given Biff and the other Biff neighborhood clones if anything about the loud train could be done don’t you think it would have been done by now.

Ha, I wish they were public transportation trains. They are freight trains. But yeah, that’s my goal to live somewhere with competent public transportation/active transportation options. I’d get killed if I tried riding a bike here & while there are decent sidewalks, things aren't really within walking distance except some crappy bars.

Last edited:
My biggest pre-settling down regret was never living in a city or country with a competent public transit system. I fucking love trains. Soooooo much better than cars.

i recently find myself agreeing with you so much. I love trains. I love traveling from one city to another in relative comfort without having to drive or go through the hassle of an airport. Any car trip under 10 hours would get a train choice from me. Train from Barcelona to Seville was 5 hours and terrific. Train from London to Hull was fantastic. Train from Rome to Venice - great. Train from Paris to Caen? Loved it. If I could take a reasonable train from Charlotte to DC or Atlanta, I'd do it all the time. The only train from Charlotte to Atlanta you have to board at 2am and return at 2am.

Sure. NBC saw its success on Netflix and basically built a whole streaming platform based on it. Has it proven successful? Have the millennials with their skateboards and rock music flocked over to binge it and stayed for other quality NBC Universal content?

i feel like you don't like Peacock

Nah, you can do all the training you need in a regular gym or on a playground. Just do a bunch of pull ups and grip strength stuff and be able to run and do burpees.

i feel like you don't like Peacock

I just don't like that everyone now has their own streaming service you have to pay for. And then there are things like Discovery+ that are putting former cable shows onto the platform exclusively, like the new Good Eats. I pay for Food Network on my DirecTV, let me watch the new eps.

I just don't like that everyone now has their own streaming service you have to pay for. And then there are things like Discovery+ that are putting former cable shows onto the platform exclusively, like the new Good Eats. I pay for Food Network on my DirecTV, let me watch the new eps.

kind of a quip with streaming services but CBS just automatically replaced their app with the stupid new Paramount+ app on both my phone & RokuTV. Thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find the app to stream basketball the other day.

My good friend/co-worker's son got roped into a cult. About two years after he and his wife were married, they just straight up severed all ties to both of their families. The families are in denial - "oh, it's not a cult, because it's a Christ-based organization." I'm like, yeah bro, but that's a cult.

When I was a junior staffer I was working over the weekend when my client invited me to like a party at his house and it was straight up a Scientology recruitment meeting where there were just all this hot crazy chicks as part of the recruitment team. It was frickin' wild and the main dude sure was charismatic, but I avoided falling into that trap. My client ended up getting busted for embezzling a few years later.

Parks and Rec by a million.

Parks and Rec might be the sitcom GOAT

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back