• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 1331: Just talkin’ chickens. This is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently there was a tornado warning from about 2:00AM till 3:20AM. Wouldn’t have been fun if one came through cause I slept through the phone alerts.

We’re a little connected to someone in Birmingham...heard there were some near there yesterday.

Those thunderstorms overnight were super intense.

Those thunderstorms overnight were super intense.

In WS? I didn't hear shit. We have so many noise machines going that we never heard anything. Other than baby monitor which is literally 3 feet from my ear

In WS? I didn't hear shit. We have so many noise machines going that we never heard anything. Other than baby monitor which is literally 3 feet from my ear

In Durham. Crazy intense lightning and thunder for a good while.

24 mins on crossword today, above average Friday time for me.

The 2020 Tesla still has the P/R/D stick on the steering wheel so maybe find one of those. Also it’s been a while since I looked but I remember that leasing a Tesla is a terrible deal financially, like worse than most leases.

all the board homies saying fuck debt im cool with it

eNDhBE0.jpg

Yeah I refinanced to a fixed 30 year mortgage recently. Very confident given the low rate and tax deduction I will come out ahead investing it compared to paying it off earlier. Gimme that cheap debt

Last edited:
The 5yo has handled the whole dog thing pretty well, but the 2yo keeps asking "when is Uggy coming back" and that is a pretty crushing thing to hear 10 times a day.

The 5yo has handled the whole dog thing pretty well, but the 2yo keeps asking "when is Uggy coming back" and that is a pretty crushing thing to hear 10 times a day.

ah that's terrible. did anything come at you yelling at the garbage company?

On a much lighter note, my 2yo son has no idea we are moving tomorrow. I mean, he understands the "new house" and likes to run around in it when we go to visit and monitor construction. But he has no idea that we are leaving this one tomorrow afternoon and never coming back. He keeps asking why we are putting his things in boxes and gets really upset about not having his trucks and tools.

The almost 5yo and 7yo are depressed for other reasons... Leaving friends and all of the things they are comfortable with.

However, we went over to the house for our walkthrough last week and all 3 kids spent ~3 hours playing with all of the other kids on the street that just happened to be outside playing and then were upset when we had to leave. So they'll be fine.

It's my wife I'm worried about... An intense mix of stress and sadness and excitement from her right now.

ah that's terrible. did anything come at you yelling at the garbage company?

Nah, they said that they clocked the driver and he was going the speed limit and they checked their cameras and said they didn't see him hit the dog. Tbh, a lot of it is my fault because he was getting so old and he didn't see or hear as well, but he loved going over to my retired neighbor's house at the end of the road to stay with them during the day, and there's no traffic on our road because there's only one house past mine and the road dead ends, so I thought he would be safe even though his senses were starting to fail a little bit. At the end of the day, though if your dog gets hit by a car it's pretty much your fault, and that's what I've had the hardest time processing.

On a much lighter note, my 2yo son has no idea we are moving tomorrow. I mean, he understands the "new house" and likes to run around in it when we go to visit and monitor construction. But he has no idea that we are leaving this one tomorrow afternoon and never coming back. He keeps asking why we are putting his things in boxes and gets really upset about not having his trucks and tools.

The almost 5yo and 7yo are depressed for other reasons... Leaving friends and all of the things they are comfortable with.

However, we went over to the house for our walkthrough last week and all 3 kids spent ~3 hours playing with all of the other kids on the street that just happened to be outside playing and then were upset when we had to leave. So they'll be fine.

It's my wife I'm worried about... An intense mix of stress and sadness and excitement from her right now.

How did she feel about the move in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back