• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 1331: Just talkin’ chickens. This is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no clue how people can only drink coffee for breakfast. Maybe I’m just sensitive to caffeine, but I get jittery quick if I don’t have something to eat with it.

yea that's the good stuff

My reading time has curtailed recently because the 2yo has gotten into the habit of wanting someone to lay with her until she falls asleep, and she can't fall asleep with a light on, so one of us generally lays in her bed in the dark until she passes out, and we inevitably fall asleep in there as well, so I'm missing half of my quiet night reading time.

How did she feel about the move in general?

I let her run with pretty much everything in terms of selecting things for the house, so she's super excited about that.

We've also decided that we don't really like many of our neighbors around here... Nice enough people, but only hanging out with them out of convenience.

We'll be closer to some extended family up there, so she's really looking forward to that.

It is a decision we made together... Wouldn't have worked if we both didn't buy in. I've wanted to move to a more rural locale for a while, but I was worried about her... COVID has helped push her over the goal line.

Almond milk and stevia for this guy. Sometimes I get soy when I'm out in public if I feel like getting nuts.

I drink Folgers House Blend and cut it with some kind of International Delight flavored creamer. I have the most rubey coffee practices. I'm aware.

I read... Try to get a book done a month.

Started reading Harry Potter with my almost 7yo daughter after getting her the books for Christmas. We read the first two books together in sections of 30 minutes before bed. Then she started the 3rd one by herself and is 300+ pages in and I haven't even started it. There is something I don't like about reading Harry Potter in bed before I go to sleep... I don't feel like an adult. But I need to catch up to her so we can watch the movie together.

I started Lincoln: Team of Rivals late last year and got through 600 of ~700 pages right away and then completely fell off. Still haven't finished it and it taunts me every night just sitting there on my nightstand.

my reading habits have really shifted to the morning

I read an hour or two over coffee and breakfast in this work-from-home world, but once work is over, my capacity to sit and read is shot

I either doze off or just can't stay focused -- I'm much better at more active, less cerebral tasks after work: cooking, working out, etc.

i read maybe a book a month but it's mostly dad stuff about WWII or pop history/Erik Larson kind of stuff

currently on read number ?? of the major parts of the Tolkien legendarium.

I drink my coffee black. My espresso with a little Sugar in the Raw.

On weekends I might do a flat white.

I make a pot every other day during the work week, drink 2 cups hot with either a splash of milk or half and half if we have that. Then on the other days I drink a cup of the leftover coffee iced.

two large mugs of black drip coffee in the morning, switched over to tea in teh afternoons

used to be like 6-8 cups a day, now can't hang with that life

well either way amazon drivers shouldn't have to pee in bottles

I drink a 20 oz tumbler of black coffee every morning. Then, if I go out I drink sweet tea at lunch. Occasionally I'll drink a Diet Coke.

Everything else is either water or booze.

Got the bonavita auto drip but have really been using the aeropress to make a flash brew iced coffee. Drink it black except for the rare splash of chocolate milk.

I still miss Eddie
newFile.jpg

So does your wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back