• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 1331: Just talkin’ chickens. This is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biff! Hung out with a guy today who is moving from NYC to Plaza Midtown! CLT! Incline! Carpetbaggers!

Plaza-Midwood is great. Everybody loves it until it’s time for their kids to go to school.

I really like Burial

what are the top two or three breweries in CLT now?

I like Legion the best. I think I read that their Juicy Jay IPA is the #1 local beer in Charlotte. Both of their breweries are pretty cool spots.

Wooden Robot and NoDa Brewing e were oils be my other two favorites.

Old Meck probably has the best tap house!berr garden but a lot of people aren’t into their German style beers.

The beers I drink most often from the grocery store and when I go out are Juicy Jay, Wooden Robot’s Overachiever Pale Ale, and Triple C IPA.

I’ve only been to one brewery in the past 12 months and that was Catawba, which is good but not great.

I like Catawba but mostly drink it while waiting for a table at Buxton Hall. Their taproom beers like their tiki IPAs are good. The grocery store beers aren’t fantastic unless you just want like a tubing beer in which case White Zombie works.

Fun fact, if you flip their mountain logo upside down it’s a map of the Carolinas.

834931545.cvb-logo.4c.jpeg

I like Legion the best. I think I read that their Juicy Jay IPA is the #1 local beer in Charlotte. Both of their breweries are pretty cool spots.

Wooden Robot and NoDa Brewing e were oils be my other two favorites.

Old Meck probably has the best tap house!berr garden but a lot of people aren’t into their German style beers.

The beers I drink most often from the grocery store and when I go out are Juicy Jay, Wooden Robot’s Overachiever Pale Ale, and Triple C IPA.

I’ve only been to one brewery in the past 12 months and that was Catawba, which is good but not great.

I don't get the rage over the Juicy Jay. I actually tried it again this past Thursday and it just doesn't have a ton of flavor for a Hazy IPA. The Sierra Nevada Hazy beats it by a mile IMO.

Man I’m so jealous of all these Burial expansions. We always seem to get the B tier breweries expanding here.

The one I don’t get is Hi Wire. Their beer isn’t great and they don’t have a huge distribution profile but somehow that’s enough to have 2 taprooms here and ones in Knoxville, Durham and Wilmington.

You can't go wrong Legion, we love their Path to the Dark Side.

Pilot is also really cool, all their bartenders brew their own small batches.

Blue Blaze on the west side has good beers and their taproom is kind of like a ski lodge.

We went to Salud last weekend and had a great time. I think I read today that they were voted best taproom in the United States. Not sure if it's that good!

I feel like all these double and triple IPAs are bad for society. I drank a 6.5% IPA the other day that just tastes like a coors light to me now

The one I don�t get is Hi Wire. Their beer isn�t great and they don�t have a huge distribution profile but somehow that�s enough to have 2 taprooms here and ones in Knoxville, Durham and Wilmington.

Louisville soon too I think. Best I can guess is that they have a fairly wide variety of pretty standard beers that appeal to the general population. I like hanging out at their tap room here but I�m not going there specifically for the beer.

We were out running some errands and finally had the Popeye’s chicken sandwich. Really good but the effing drive through took 20+ minutes.

One awesome thing about masks is that I can have a couple lunch beers in between watching my high schoolers AAU games on a Saturday and their parents are none the wiser. Also, my wife was surprisingly cool with me spending my Saturday watching basketball in Winston, provided I drug the 2yo with me.

Birdsong and Leguon are my favorites.

Just got off the slopes at copper mountain. 3” of fresh powder this morning - it was fantastic.

Speaking of drinking, given tonight is the first Seder, how does Elijah go to every Seder, take a sip of wine at each one and not get too drunk to keep going.

The one I don’t get is Hi Wire. Their beer isn’t great and they don’t have a huge distribution profile but somehow that’s enough to have 2 taprooms here and ones in Knoxville, Durham and Wilmington.

I like their 10-40 series.

They're talented at the business aspect of the industry, for sure.

In addition to the sixer of Oberon I got the other day, I also got a sixer of Kona's seltzers per the recommendation of a good friend. I haven't liked Truly or White Claws, but this one is actually pretty tasty.

Just got into Hilton Head, at a grocery store, and I ka quickly remembering how everyone in the south is slow as fuck at doing everything. I don't understand how anything gets done. It's a shit show in the store, but thankfully everyone is masked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back